Part Six: Realizations

Sorry it's been so long! I took a break, but now I'm back and full of ideas! Time for a serious chapter :p

I grunted in pain as I detransformed from my Adrien state. Marinette looked at me with concern plain on her face. Every time I turned back to my cat state, she got that look on her face. It was strange. I didn't know then, but that day changed the rest of my life. That's when I discovered Marinette's past that she didn't even know until then.

I walked over to Marinette, skin tight leather wrapped around my body. "What's the matter?" I asked.

Her face was still in a dark grimace, and she was looking down at the floor. She raised her head to look into my eyes. "Kitty, I- I found out why I don't die when I'm near you."

My eyes widened, and I grabbed her shoulders. "Really?" I exclaimed. "That's wonderful."

"I guess." Marinette muttered. She turned her head away, not looking at me. "I found out that I am the Creator. My job is to bring hope and beauty into the world. I bring joy and happiness to those around me. That's why when I'm around you, nothing happens to me. My job is to create life."

"That's amazing, Princess!" I said.

It didn't seem that she thought so, though. She pulled away from my grasp on her shoulders and sat on the ground. I plopped down next to her. "What's wrong? Isn't that good?" I asked.

She looked at me, tears brimming in her eyes. "I remember." She whispered.

I tilted my head at her. "What?"

"I remember it all."

Tears began to fall down her cheeks. The lovely flowers that had grown around us slowly began to wilt away.

"What do you remember?" I questioned sternly, wrapping my arms around her.

"Your father." She choked out. "The needle. The pain. The darkness. The hopelessness. I remember it all."

"My father?" I asked softly.

She nodded, crying hard. "He kidnapped me and did the same to me as he had done to you. He stuck a needle in me that was filled with a glowing, red fluid. Then he locked me in his basement for months. It wasn't until your house wilted away that I escaped. A man found me and tried to erase the things that I had seen. He had created the liquid and sold it to your father. A red one and-"

"-a green one." I cut her off.

She looked up at me and nodded, sobbing hard. "He tried to erase my memory, and then he put me into an orphanage where my mama and papa adopted me. And now their dead. I hadn't remembered any of it, but when I met you, it slowly began to come back to me."

"It's alright, Princess." I stroked her hair softly. "He's gone now, my father is gone. He can't hurt you any longer. You can bring happiness into the world! You already bring so much into mine."

She shook her head. "That's not all of it, Kitty."

"What?"

"The red liquid was created to inject into someone with one sole purpose." She explained. "And that purpose was to destroy the person who had the green in them."

My eyes turned into saucers. "You mean-"

"Yes." She said. "I was created to kill you."