Part Twelve: I Love You

"I met your biological mother, Marinette." Adrien breathed out as he sat on the couch with me in his arms.

"You, what?!" I shouted, pulling myself away from him.

He whimpered and tried to reach for me again, but I crossed my arms in defiance. He sighed. "She has the same abilities as you."

I felt shocked beyond belief. My mother? She had the same powers as me? I let Adrien press me against his chest once again with him arms wrapped around me. I smiled softly. He was so warm. "What did she say?" I asked.

"Who cares?" Adrien mumbled, nuzzling my neck.

I snapped my head towards him. "Adrien, I have not been having a good past few months. Would you please be serious with me?" I pleaded.

Adrien sighed and let me sit on the sofa. "Your mother is named Tikki. She has the creator abilities too. My mentor, Plagg, is married to her. I went to visit him. That's where I've been all this time."

"So you mean, my mother has the powers that your father gave me? But that doesn't make any sense. Was there more than one serum?" I asked.

Adrien shook his head. "My mentor, Plagg, has the same abilities as me because he was born with it. Him and Tikki are gods. We are partly gods but not really since we're artificial."

"This is unreal." I pulled at my hair.

Adrien took my hand and kneeled in front of me. "Marinette, I love you, I told you that. I don't want you to suffer any longer because of me. Nothing would make me more upset than having to leave you, but if I am the cause of your unhappiness, I will leave. Please tell me if you would rather have me stay or leave."

I thought for a moment. Of course
I loved having Adrien back. He was my best friend. And I did love him back. I just got so torn up over him that I didn't think straight. I had let myself get absorbed in my grief. If I died, humanity would as well. I wouldn't be able to do that, though. I couldn't bring myself to end so many lives just because I was unhappy.

"Stay, Adrien. Please don't leave me ever again." I whispered. "I love you too."

He grinned widely. "I will never leave you, Marinette."

Adrien pulled me into his arms, and I smiled at his familiar scent. That was what I had been missing for so long. That was the piece of me that was gone. That was the reason I had lost myself to darkness and sorrow.

Adrien Agreste completed me.

Sorry it's been so long! I've been editing, creating new covers, and changing my name. I edited this whole story, so feel free to reread it. A few of you probably saw an old version of Part Twelve where you met Tikki and Plagg. I decided to get rid of that because I wanted more of Marinette's point of view. I hope you all enjoy!