Part Thirteen: The Twisted

Some shocks and a couple of new characters! I'm so sorry this took so long, but I hope I can make it up to you guys. This chapter is longer than they usually are. Also, thank you for one hundred votes! You all mean so much to me! Enjoy the story!

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng!"

Constant banging on my door woke me suddenly. I turned my head to see Adrien sleeping peacefully on my chaise lounge. I peered out the window noticing that it was still dark out. The knocking didn't stop. I nudged Adrien slightly and he groggily sat up.

"Princess? What's wrong?" He rubbed his eyes.

"Someone's at the door, and it's the middle of the night, Adrien." I felt scared as I whispered to Adrien.

He stood up and took my hand. He was
still in his human form, so he wouldn't kill whoever it was.

Adrien led me down the hall to the front door. He took a deep breath before pushing it open. I sighed in relief as I saw who was behind the door.

Alya and Nino were standing there with worried faces. The two shot forward and embraced me. "Hey, guys." I laughed nervously.

Alya pulled away from me, her glare easily beating the devil's. "Where the hell have you been, Girl?! Do you know how worried we were?! And Nathaniel has been asking about you too!"

"Look, what Alya is trying to say is that we miss you." Nino laughed slightly.

I wasn't surprised at their reactions. Alya got very mad very easily, and Nino always knew how to calm Alya down.

Suddenly, their attention snapped to Adrien. Alya narrowed her eyes at him. "Who the hell are you?"

"Oh, I'm, uh, Adrien." He stammered.

"What are you doing in Mari's house, dude?" Nino eyed him suspiciously.

"I, uh- My, I mean-"

I cut him off. "He's staying with me because he doesn't have any family close to here."

Alya looked stricken. "Marinette, why have you been keeping away from us? Is it because of him?"

Sweat trickled down my head. I wasn't sure what to do. Of course it was Adrien's fault that I had been keeping away from all outside life, but we were better now. If I told them that he was the reason, they would hate him forever. I didn't want that.

"Guys, that was me. I kept away from everyone on my own account because I was too scared to face everyone else. Adrien came to me and now he's helped me feel a lot better." I told them. "Please don't be mad, guys."

Alya sighed. "Mari, you know that I am beyond mad. I am furious."

I looked down. Suddenly, she hugged me. "Wh-What are you doing?"

"I'm just so glad you're back now." Alya whispered. Sobs wracked through her entire body, and Nino joined our hug too.

Alya pulled away and stared at me. "Now, I want you to promise me you'll never do anything like this again, Mari."

I nodded, wiping away tears before I spoke. "There's one thing though, Alya."

"What?" She asked.

"I want you and Nino to become friends with Adrien."

"Are you kidding me?!" Alya exclaimed. "You want me to become friends with some random boy that you're letting stay at your house?"