Part Two: This is Life

"H-How?"

The one word that I spoke to the amazingly beautiful girl that stood before me.

How?

How was it possible that this girl, this baker's daughter, of all people could live in my aura of death?

"How, what? And what was all that mumbo jumbo about me dying?" Marinette replied.

My face turned a tinted pink, realizing that her hand was still gently resting on my cheek. She probably felt sorry for me. A poor, sad boy who lives in a cave so he won't have to hurt anyone. Yes, it seems sentimental, but I know that I am a terrible person. I was rotten and spoiled when I was a child. God put this curse upon me because I deserved it.

Still, I fucking hate God.

That's not what's important, though. Being a destroyer of everything living came at an expense. I guess you could say it was the expense of  my family or the expense of a normal life. It didn't really faze me much anymore. I had lived in that God damn cave for a very long time. At the age of six I was in this stupid cave. If I came out when I wasn't in my Adrien form, death would spread like flowers. It was a sad cycle that repeated itself. Death, sorrow, then more death. It hurt me at first. I wanted to seclude myself. That is the reason why I stayed in that wretched cave for so long. I was afraid that if I was to be set free I would kill everyone in my path.

I believed I was a monster.

But I had a bone to pick with this monster. I would fight him every day and every night, hoping that I could find a way to break through the horror I had been put though. Yet, I still knew I couldn't beat him. Since I believed I was a monster, I also believed I couldn't beat him. Weak. Pathetic. That's all I was. Those two thing smashed together to make me. A weak, pathetic monster that lives in a crappy cave. A weak, pathetic monster that turns into some sort of cat when he becomes a monster. It was frightening. No, not frightening, terrifying. When I transformed, my mouth would fill with blood, and a pain that I can not describe would fill my body. It made me feel even more pathetic and weak. It was never ending. A nightmare I had yet to wake up from.

"Who are you?" I asked Marinette.

She looked at me strangely. "That's a weird question. I thought I already told you that I'm Marinette."

"Why are you still here?" I demanded.

"Why not?"

"Why aren't you running away?"

"Because I think you're nice."

"Why would you think I'm nice?"

"Why are you asking me so many questions? I think it's my turn. Why did you transform into a cat man? It's kind of weird."

I sighed at her. How would I explain it? I thought back to the day that this all happened. I guess I could tell her that story. Though, it's long.

"Well, it's a long story." I told her.

"Then I'll make myself at home." She replied, plopping down on the ground of my cavern.

I sighed and sat down in front of her.

"It all started when I was only six years old."

A/N- Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is so short and so late. I'll get the next one out to you soon, and it will have a little bit of backstory!

Signing off
-Ally