Part Sixteen: News

Marinette.

The girl that made me forget how bad I was.

Loving her felt like a sin.

She was too good for me.

Yet, she still loved me unconditionally.

Kill, kill them all.

I groaned. "Stop it." I mumbled.

Kill, you want to kill.

"I don't!"

Kill. Start with the girl, and then murder the rest.

"No! I would neve-"

A hand fell on my shoulder and I immediately perked up. "Are you okay, Adrien?"

I shook my head. "It's nothing, Marinette. You should get to school."

"Are you sure? I can stay home if you want."

"You've missed enough school because of me." I faced her and kissed her on the cheek.

She laughed slightly before waving and leaving. I smiled and stood up from the couch I had been sitting on. I needed to do more research.

I chugged an entire mug of coffee and sat down at the dining table, setting off to work. Every moment I spent on the computer counted. Every minute he could have been getting closer to finding us. I didn't want the worst to happen and tear us apart.

Every time I found something new, my heart pounded out of my chest. My hand would shake as I would scroll down on articles speaking of Hawkmoth and the terror he had put so many others through. Every word he read seemed more cruel the last.

An evil god by the name of Hawkmoth caused my son to go on a rampage and kill hundreds.

My sister was controlled my Hawkmoth and was told to murder her boyfriend and two year old son.

I felt him fill my body with evil. It was as if he had taken every ounce of anger and grief and controlled me with it.

Boys and girls around the world are talking about an evil god named Hawkmoth? Is it just a myth? A legend that was told by a foolish kid?

As I looked through several news stories and articles, a certain one caught my eye. I rose an eyebrow and clicked on the link. As I read through it, I felt my blood getting colder and colder. I felt like I had seen a ghost.
I stood up, eyes wide, and started running to Marinette's school. I was in my Adrien form, so I was sure it would be fine.

As soon as I got there, I started searching. I knew that her class was class 1B. I scaled the halls, searching for the room she was in. Finally, my eyes spotted the tiny metal symbols that were placed beside the door. I burst into the room, and all eyes darted to me.

"Adrien?" Marinette gasped.

"I, uh-" I wished I had prepared what I was going to say.

"Adrien! You came back for me!" Chloe squealed with delight.

I put my finger up. "No, I'm here to see Marinette."

Chloe made a face. "You want to see Maritrash?"

I bit back my anger for a moment and turned to Marinette, my beautiful princess. She looked at the teacher. "Uh, could I be excused for a moment, Ms. Bustier?" She asked.

The teacher nodded, and Marinette rushed over. I quickly closed the door behind her, and we walked over to a separate part of the hall.

"Did something happen?" She asked.

I swallowed a lump in my throat.

"Hawkmoth found Plagg and Tikki."