Chapter 7: This I Promise

"Suho, what is your reaction when your ex-girlfriend said that your new girlfriend was once your personal assistant?"

"Is it true that your girlfriend was your PA?"

"Is your relationship with your new girlfriend a fake one?"

I was dumbfounded when I heard the third question. I tried to defend myself and Chorong when Victoria noona holds me on my arm and pulls me inside the van. Even when we close the door, reporters are still trying to get an answer or statement from me.

'This is all Irene's fault.' And I form my hand into a fist.

A week.

Reporters are following me for a week, and the tabloid is full of articles and issues about my relationship with Chorong for a week now. People get to know Chorong as the mystery girl and it's all Irene's fault. It's her fault that she answered the reporters even though she can walk straight to her car and ignore those reporters.

"The day after tomorrow is the start of your examination. Chorong asked me personally to clear your schedule for today and tomorrow so that you can review so please do spend your time reviewing your lessons, okay?"

"Okay noona." Then I drop myself to my seat and closed my eyes as the van moves.

"Oppa, will we ride the bus again? It might not be good for you 'cause reporters are still following you." I look back at Chorong and get her bag as we walk to the parking area.

"Well, noona called that my car is here in the parking area. That means we're not going to ride the bus." She suddenly sighs and flashes a genuine smile.

"Then reporters can't bother you anymore. But can I ride the bus? I know the reporters will notice your car and they may see me." She said, concern is visible to her face. I secretly smile at the thought that she's concern. "Don't worry, I can manage riding a bus on the way home."

"Are you sure about that?" I'm not that confident to let her travel alone.

"Of course. I promise to take care of myself. If something happens, I'll call you immediately."

"Fine." And I open the car door. I was about to get in the car when I look back at her. "Here's your bag. Don't forget to give attention to your phone. Call me, okay? Update me if you're already in the bus, or when you're outside the subdivision."

"Ne, oppa. You can get in the car now. I can handle myself, okay? Oppa, annyeong." And she turns her back at me and starts walking to the school gate.

I just shook my head and get in the car. I drive the car and stop on her side. I can see her face with a questioning look as I open the window.

"Straight to the waiting area, okay? Don't talk to strangers." She just gave me a straight face so I sweetly smile at her. "See you later, love." I winked at her and I saw her deadpanned.

"Arasso. Go now." She pushes my hand. "And oh, reporters are at the gate. Be careful."

"You're so sweet, girlfriend. I will. You too, take care." And I laugh as I notice her face blushing.

"Whatever. Just go. Psh." And she starts walking away from me. I close the window and drive to the gate. I shook my head in disbelief when I saw the desperate faces of the reporters that are staying at the gate. I surely need to speed up.

I was ready to speed up when I saw Irene talking with some of the reporters. I just ignore it and speed up before the reporters notice me.

Fortunately, reporters didn't notice me at all and now I'm on my way to enter the subdivision when suddenly my ringtone, EXO's Monster, played. This must be Chorong.