Epilogue part 1: The Reward

"Cho...cho-rong." I weakly called as I slowly crawled to where Chorong is. I can feel the aching of my body as I hit the ground hard earlier. But I don't care. What I care is Chorong, that is now lying on the ground.

I cough as I inhaled smoke from the cars that bumped into each other. After a car hit Chorong, that car hit another car which caused a chaotic scene.

"Excuse me, your head is bleeding. Let's get you to the hospital." A guy helped me stood up but I pull my hand and walked to Chorong.

And suddenly my vision became blurry as tears threatened to flow from my eyes. I put a hand over my chest as I can feel my heart is breaking seeing Chorong's situation.

"Cho..." Please no. "PARK CHORONG!" I walked fast and squat down, putting my hands under her head to put her head on my lap. "No. Please wake up. Open your eyes." I whispered as I caress her cheek. And I noticed my hand is full of blood.

"Myeon-ah." She weakly called. I saw her eyes slowly opened and I sighed in relief. Angels don't die, right? But why is she bleeding? "I'm sorry if I can't stay with you for too long even though I wanted to."

"Sshh. Please don't talk too much. You're still weak. Let's get you to the hospital, okay?" I tried to stood up but she put a hand on my wrist.

"Promise me that you'll meet your dad. Please." She slowly lifted her hand and showed me her pinky finger.

"O-okay. I promise." I locked my pinky finger on hers and sealed our thumbs together. "But promise me to fight. Promise me that you'll stay. Please."

"I'm sorry, Myeon-ah." She flashed a sad smile. "I'm too weak and this is my destiny. Thank you for making me happy during my stay here on earth. And can I ask you a favor?" I nodded. "Please tell appa and dongsaeng that I love them. I really, really love them."

And now my tears run down my face.

"Yah. You can tell it to them yourself." I sniffed as I wrapped my arms around her shoulder. "Please stay awake. Don't you dare lose your consciousness." I seriously said but she just chuckled.

"Just like the last time." I furrowed my brows. What is she talking about? "I love you, Kim Junmyeon. Always and forever." And she slowly lifted her head and peck me on the lips. I just closed my eyes. "Now let me sleep. My eyelids are too heavy."

"No! No! Don't say that. Please, Chorong-ah, stay with me. Just stay with me, arra?"

"I'll always be with you, Myeon-ah. Don't worry. Just stop crying, okay? You will look uglier. I'll just go to sleep 'cause I'm so sleepy." And she slowly closed her eyes and minutes later, she slowly vanished.

I do nothing but to cry hard. Not until my head ached and a scene played on my mind like a flashback. I put a hand on my temples.

"Ugh!" I groaned in pain.

"Omma, I want this cake. Please buy this for me." I pointed at a certain cake and my mom flashed a sad smile.

"I don't have enough money, Myeon-ah. Your appa took the money." And I frowned. Suddenly a hand tapped me on my shoulder.

"Myeon-ah, annyeong. Hello, Mrs. Kim." I smiled as I saw my childhood friend and my first love. "Do you like this cake? Let's just share. Excuse me, ajusshi. Can I have this one?"

"No, it's okay dear. I'll just buy a cake for him soon."

"It's okay, Mrs. Kim. I insist." And she gave me a slice of the cake. "Here you go, Myeon-ah. Enjoy."

"Chorong-ah, komawo." She put an arm around my shoulder and gave me a pat. I can feel my face heating because of her gesture, not to mention that our faces are close to each other.