Chapter 18: Closer

I slowly opened my eyes and noticed that the world is upside down. Then I realized that I'm leaning on someone's shoulder. I immediately sat up and looked at the person next to me.

"Oh? Myeon-ah, what are you doing here?" He just smiled at me and caress my hair.

"Let's go get our bags and go home." He stood up and offered a hand. I gladly took it and stood up.

"How did you find me? Did I fell asleep?"

"Obviously. You were gone for hours and I was so worried. Good thing I found you before anyone does." I nodded as I felt his hand that is holding mine entwining our hands together. "Did something happen?" I noticed how his jaw clenched and I looked away.

"Nothing. I just felt tired, maybe because I'm still not okay after that time I fainted. I still feel weak. I didn't even know I fell asleep leaning on that tree."

"Arasso. Don't forget to tell me next time, okay? You really make me feel worried." I looked back at him and saw his small smile. He then ruffled my hair. "Let's go. My girlfriend must be tired and hungry. I'll cook ramen for you."

"But Myeon-ah, I want to eat chicken feet." I pouted and his smile widens.

"Right! It's our favorite. Then let's go find some restaurant that has the best chicken feet." And he immediately dragged me towards our classroom to get our things before going to the school parking area.

But I'm too confused. How did he know that chicken feet is my favorite?

*

"Here we are! Hongdae!" Junmyeon is smiling widely while unlocking his seatbelt since the car is already parked beside the street.

"Huh? There are many people here, Myeon-ah. They will surely recognize you."

"It's okay. If people will notice me, they won't disturb me since all they knew is we're having our date." I glared at him as I realize he copied what I said last time but he just chuckled. "Come on. The important thing is we got to eat chicken feet. I'm craving for it."

"Okay." And he exited the car and opened my side before I can do it myself. "Wow. You're now a gentleman, huh?"

"Because I'm on the mood right now, I'll act as if I didn't hear you being sarcastic." And I was so shock to see him smile genuinely.

'Daebak! What is happening here, seriously? Junmyeon is getting weirder everyday.'

"What do you want to eat aside from chicken feet?" He said as he entwined his hand with mine again as we start walking to the shop.

"I want rice balls and steamed egg stew."

"Okay. Let's go and feed our hungry stomachs." He cheerfully said and pulled me with him. I giggled as I get excited to eat my favorite dishes.

I stared at Junmyeon's face as we took our seat on a vacant space and I smiled as I saw his smiling face. I'm so happy to know that he's happy but I still noticed his sadness beneath the smile. What could be the reason?

'Probably Irene. Ugh! I need to plan as soon as possible. Junmyeon deserves to be happy.'

"Are you okay? Why are you frowning? I thought you like to eat chicken feet." I looked at Junmyeon and shook my head. I didn't know that he'll notice my face expression.

"Oh? Of course I love to eat chicken feet, Myeon-ah." I pretend to laugh. "Do you want me to order?"

"I already ordered." And he gave me a stern look.