Chapter 19: I love you, goodbye

"Park Chorong, saranghae." Junmyeon whispered at me so I smiled while staring at the Han River, my head is on his shoulder.

"I know, Myeon-ah. You said that for the nth times already." I said, chuckling, and I heard him tsk-ed. "And you know that I love you too ever since we're playmate. I've said it already."

"Then if you love me, why'd you leave me?" I heard him murmured so I sat up straight and faced him. And I noticed him pouting. Such a cutie.

"Myeon-ah." I softly called. "Maybe I'm not really meant to live here on earth longer than we thought. But don't worry, I may not be with you physically but I'm always with you. I'm here." And I pointed his chest.

"But I want to hold you like this forever." He showed me our entwined hands. I squeezed his hands. "I want to kiss you like this..." And he gave me a peck on the lips. "...forever. I want to stay by your side until our hairs turn to grey." And his eyes start to tear up. I just flashed a pretentious smile while I caress his cheek.

"Hey. I'm here, right? Let's just enjoy the days while I'm still here." He nodded and put his other arm around me and I lean back on his shoulder. "But promise me that you'll move on when I'm gone. I don't deserve your love, Myeon-ah. Someone out there is meant for you." I said even it's against my will.

"I won't. You're the only one for me, Rong-ah. Just wait for me there. We'll be together when my time here on earth is done." And I felt his lips on my forehead. I just nodded while my eyes are starting to tear up. "Why did you die in the first place? If I was there during the accident, I could have saved you. If only I can turn back time."

I closed my eyes as the accident played in my mind. I guess he doesn't remember all the details and I hope he'll not remember it at all or he'll blame his dad or himself. I don't want him to get hurt.

'I wonder if I can make him forgive his dad. I need to think of a plan.'

"Sshhh. Everything happens for a reason, Myeon-ah." Well I wish I'm not dead 'cause I really want to stay by your side.

***

I'm on my way back to our room, still thinking of a plan to get Junmyeon and his dad okay, when I heard someone called me.

"Chorong-ssi." I stopped on my track and faced her...Irene.

"Oh, Irene." I said and smiled to recognize her presence. She just smiled back at me.

"How are you and Junmyeon going? I saw you both last night and I can say that you both are suitable for each other." She said, still plastering a smile on her face but I can see the pain in her eyes. And it totally burdens me.

"We're fine. Uhm...do you want to talk with him? Look Irene, I don't know if I can let go of Junmyeon but I want you to talk with him. Tell him everything you need to tell him." I walked near her and put a hand over her shoulder. "He must know the truth so that hate will disappear on his heart and guilt will disappear on yours."

"Thank you, Chorong. I kind of thought about that and I was about to ask you if I can at least borrow him for awhile."

'She'll borrow him. But what if Junmyeon wants to get back to her? And what if she doesn't give him back to me?'

I worriedly look at her.

'But Junmyeon loves me, right? Ugh! Why do I feel like I'm the barrier to their lovelife?'

"It's okay, Irene. I'll inform him that you want to talk to him. Anyways, I need to go." And before she can utter even a single word, I walked away.

And every step that I take brought heaviness to my heart. As if my heart is overload and wants to get out of my chest.

'If I didn't remember the past and also Junmyeon, would he still declare my love for me? 'Cause clearly in the first place he wanted her back, not m—'