Chapter 10 (edited)

3 months later

"Office now" Mr. Kendallville said on the intercom.
I grab my notepad, pen and files i had to gave him and went straight into his office. I have a separate and secluded office with two doors one is adjoined to Mr. Kendallville office and the other is my personal door to exit my office. As soon as i enter the office there was a high scent of cologne lingering in the air and it made me nauseous I ran out of his office straight towards the bathroom bumping into people as i was running. And there goes my breakfast in the toilet a total waste.

I sit on the floor and lean against the wall and take deep breaths, suddenly, there was a knock on the door,

" Mrs. Vandilique are you okay. Mr. Kendallville sent me to check on you."

"Yea i am fine. I will be there in a couple minutes." , I reply hoarsely.

"Ma'am i am also suppose to tell you to go not come to the office for the rest of the day, he is giving you the day off. "

"Uhhh okay....." i reply trailing off. It was unusual for me to have a day off all of a sudden. But it works for me just right because at the moment i really needed it. All i want to do is curl up in my bed and stuff my face with junk food and watch tv all day. I wash my face and rinse my mouth out and headed back towards the office to collect my purse and keys only. While i was gathering my stuff i heard an all too familiar voice. Way too familiar that i froze. Until the door knob was rattling, i hurried and hid under the desk. I saw a pair of legs in skin color stocking and shoes. Then i took a peek to see candy.

"Pisst, psst"

"Sofie!" Candy reply with fear and suprise.
"What are you doing here? You were sent home! Christopher and your dad made paul a suprise visit. You have to get out of here!" Candy continues

I started panicking. I grab my purse and keys and ran out of my office. I ran towards the elevator and went straight to the seventh
floor to my room. To find rose and paul's wife waiting for me. (Sofia stays at the hotel with the Kendallville and also the office is right at the hotel.)

"Are you okay?" Both of them said simultaneously with worried faces.

"Yea am fine Christopher and dad is here." I said blankly.
The both wore shock and frighten expression on their faces.

"Why would they come here? Your dad normaĺy calls before coming and also they never meet in the office." said Elizabeth, Mrs . Kendallville.

"You think they know anything?" Replied sofia.

"They are probably here for help to find you." Said rose.

"But they did not call. And my husband never see anyone with out appointment."said Elizabeth

"Maybe we are being paranoid for nothing." Said Rose

"For safety lets get out of here." Replied Elizabeth

We all got up and was on our way out of the room. Elizabeth said to take the public elevator. Her husband normally uses the private one. We were waiting for the elevator to come and it felt like hours. But i regret being impatient if i only knew who was in there. I could have waited all my life for it. When the door opens the devils themselves were in the elevator. My dad and Christopher look at me with shocked expression. I was scared i started to hyperventilate and every step christopher made forward i repeat the steps backwards. Until i was over my shock and i ran. My brain went into overdrive, my protective instincts kick in. I felt like i was flying down the hallway. I ran for the stairs. I did not know where it was but i ran with out stopping. If have to run forever then so be it i was not going to stop but i did one stupid thing. I turn back to look how close he was and i did not see the stairs and the person coming and i stumble and i fell. It was like i am flying . Until i landed with a loud tud and i kept rolling, i did not feel anything. I felt numbness all over my body until darkness came and a very peaceful and beautiful light came and i followed it.