Chapter 12 (edited)

Tristian

To say i was shocked was an understatement, I was way beyond shocked. A nurse had to push me out of the room because I couldn't move. It took me a while before i could ask what happened. When my father told me everything i did not know what to do. Should i punch my brother and bring some sense into his head. He is one selfish bastard and on top sofia father is agreeing with him. None of it make sense. None i am confused as fuck. I left and went to the nearest bar and grab a few drinks then i went to the nearest hotel and got myself a room. If you are wondering if i am staying at the Kendallville hotel, no i am not. Everyone is staying there and its too much drama for me to deal with. I have to think, I have to talk to Christopher. I dialed his cell but he did not answer so I left him. A voicemail, "hey, where are you? Answer your phone. I am here in St. Lucia. I came as soon as I heard. I wanna be there for you man. Call me as soon as you get this message. "
To say my brother is an idiot is a huge understatement. I showered and tried taking a nap but i couldn't sleep. So i went back to the hospital. Sofia was asleep so i went to see the doctor.

"I am sorry Mr. Vandilique. I cannot expose such information. "

"Look my brother is mentally unstable. My parents and sofia's parent i have no clue what they are up to. They are not even here with her. The only one you going to see care and concern from is me. So tell me everything now."

"Ok sir. Apart from what happened nothing else happened earlier. She just went into shock. The commotion was too much for her since her body is already stressed out. As for now i won't advise any further visitation. But there is one other thing. Sofia is not aware of it as yet nor anyone else."

"What is it?"

" sofia is still pregant."

"What!"
I was speechless.

"I know. I was shocked. So i took an ultrasound. Because i was a hundred percentage sure she lost the baby which she actually did."

"You are confusing me. How can she still be pregnant when she lost the baby."

"She was pregnant with twins and one died saving the other when she fell. So she is still pregnant but i recommend bed rest for atleast one month. After two month she can do what ever she wants. That is if you are gonna keep the baby ofcourse. "

" yes, we are keeping the baby keep this a secret for now. No one should not know about this and her husband Christopher should not at any cost be aware of this nor be next to sofia. I should be the only one who would be able the see her for now. No visitors at any cost. I will speak to her and what she wants we will do. No decision should be made with out her consent and ofcourse mine also."

"Yes sir. "

Sofia is still pregant. Christopher will go insane if he knows. He will want to take the baby away and sofia Wont be able to do anything about it. The only persons i would allow to see her is my parents and her mom. The Kendallville's i dont thrust them too much. Something is fishy there.
I went back to her room and sat beside her on the available chair. Later a nurse came and gave me a another chair that turns into a bed.

It has been this way since 3 weeks now. Everyday I come and sit beside her and watch her. As for my brother he is drowning himself in liquor and whoring the fuck out of himself. He refused to talk to anyone so dad and I decided to gave him space. He will have to snap out of it soon enough. Because as days goes by the baby is growing . I talked to my parents and told them. They were happy they want to tell Christopher but I still feel it's too early maybe a part of me is being selfish.
It was becoming suffocating in the room with my thoughts haunting me so I went out to get lunch and came back. And sat beside her bed. Most of her bruises were  helping well as for the casts still on and going to be there for a other while. She will be 4 months in a week because she is so skinny the bump is starting to show. If she doesnt wake up in another two weeks we will have to tell him.

I was awoken from the reverie I was in by a hoarse voice calling my name. Then i remember i was at the hospital with sofia. I jump to my feet immediately and asked her if she was okay.

"Water" croaked
I gave her some water and press call for a nurse.

" how are you feeling?"

" i am in a lot of pain i can use a pain killer."

"A nurse is coming." I was speechless. I dont know what to say to her. Looking at her face and the bruises and casts. I felt sorry for her. What i meant when i asked her how you feel was emotionally not physically. But i am satisfied with my answer. I want to tell her badly that one of your baby is still alive but i dont know how she will take it so i decided to wait until after the doctor okay it and after breakfast.

"Thank you for being here with me Tristian. I really appreciate it."

" Hey! Hey! Dont cry. Its going to be fine. I am here now. I will handle my brother and your dad. You just tell me what happened and what you want. I am here for you now. "

I could not hug her. I just wipe her tears and tried to make her feel better but i meant what i said.

" i am gonna be back in 2 hours i got to go back to the hotel and i got to make some calls. Try get some rest we will talk later. "

Sofia

After Tristian left a nurse came and I found out I was out for three weeks. I just feel as if I had a nap nothing more but as I got settled and adjusted and started thing what happened it all start coming back the fall and Christopher shout about my baby. I lost my baby it was too much to bare, I could stop the tears, i  just cried and cried. It hurt to know what my father and husband think of me. And it also hurt even more to know i kill my child. I shouldnt have run. I should have stayed and and let them take me back. I should have go back with christopher. If i had, my baby will still be alive. I hate my self. I dont know how i will face everyone. It hurt everywhere. Even to cry it hurts. I had to call the nurse and asked her for another pain killer the pain was too much. Inside and outside. I want it to go away. I want the numbness to come but it never came. I wish i had died. If i had it would have been better.