Chapter 17 (edited)

Christopher and Tristan arrive at the lawyers office, Tristan was wondering what are they doing here but his brother was already in a somber mood so he did not bother ask him anything. They enter the building and gave their names to the receptionist and soon they were told to enter.
"Good afternoon Mr. Vandilique. Please have a seat. This is copy of the authorised divorced papers. It said here that your parents were the witness to Sofia and you signing the papers. Am I correct?"

"Yes" answered Christopher with a shocking Tristan looking at him.

"Well congratulations Mr.vandilique. your divorce has been granted. I faxed the papers the same day to New York and they required the original of these I kept a copy of the original in case you ever did need them. And the certificate will be sent to your original address in New York . Any questions?". The lawyer asked

"I would like to cancelled the divorce. We worked out our problem." He lawyer raised his eyebrows at him

"Okay. I will send in a letter stating the you guys did not bother go through with the divorce and there would be a fine for notifying us so late after finishing all the papers "

"That would be no problem. Just send me the papers saying how much and where to pay it."

When they arrive back at the hotel Tristan went with Christopher in his suite.

"Do I get any personal space at all" Christopher said.

"I just want to see how my brother is holding up with everything and we need to talk. something is bothering,something that I'm doing. I can see it in your eyes."

"You are being delusional! Dont you have somewhere to be? Someone to entertain and attend to?".

"Maybe if you were there to entertain and attend to her I would not have to do it." Tristan retorts but only got silence from Christopher.
"Are you jealous Christopher." Tristian asked jokingly.

"Are you falling for Sofia Tristian because anyone can look at how you treat her and see you are smitten by her" Christopher said.

"For fucks sake Chris, I am not! She is your wife! That's my sister in law. She is like a sister to me I never had and she is a really nice person. I am just there for her because her husband neglect her!" Tristian exclaimed angrily.

"Tsk tsk tsk. Poor Tristian getting worked up."Christopher teased. (Not the friendly teasing. The one where you hate someone and wants to kill them).

"Says the man who leaves his helpless wife for another man to take care. You are lucky your brother is taking care of her than some stranger who can easily take advantage of her helplessness." Tristian replied with hurt evident in his voice and walked out of his brother suite.

Christopher pulled his hair in frustration and he started to think. He is indeed jealous he is not the one making her smile and laugh in time like this. If he had really love her he would have looked past the accident by now and be there for her and that's exactly what he is going to do, So the only way to start, is food and some very tasty desert because that is what pregnant women love!

Sofia

Its almost night and I was bored and exhausted from doing nothing at all. I tried to get up and sit onto the wheel chair so I can look out of the window but my back is killing me from all the pressure and my shoulder feels as of its gonna fall apart from my body weight but the numbness in my legs was slowly reducing. I feel the sudden urge to use the bathroom and just as I was about to call someone the door opened, there was Christopher.

"What are you doing?" He questioned after looking at the compromising position she was in.

"I need to use the bathroom", she said.

" then call someone for help. You can hurt your self like this", he said trying to help me up. And taking me to the bathroom.

"Christopher can you please call the nurse. " , she asked slightly embarrassed.

After realizing what she mean he called the nurse and leave,leaving the nurse to help her. About 5 mins later they came out of the bathroom and her eyes widen, on the desk beside the bed was popeye's and cheese cake.

"I figured you would prefer some thing other than healthy food my brother had been forcing down your trachea." Christopher said and Sofia chuckle
" yes I sure do and thank you."

They ate in awkward silence. The air was suffocating.

"Sofia I am sorry for everything." Christopher started.

"No I am sorry. I should not have ran away in the first place." She said

Which made him asked "which time?"
It was meant to be a joke but she thought he was serious.

"Both times. And I did not knew I was pregnant either. That day when you saw me in the elevator, that was the first morning I threw up but I thought it was my anxiety acting up. When I heard you shouting in the hospital, that's when I knew I was pregnant."

" I am sorry for acting like that. I was just so angry. When the elevator open and I saw you I was so happy. I wanted to hug you and begged you to come back, how I was scared something had happened to you but you ran as if you had see a ghost". He said. And she chuckled at the last part .

He looked up at her smile and thought to himself he made her smile.

"Where is your brother?" She asked

His smile dropped from his face and he said "why do you miss him?"

"I haven't seen him since this morning. I was just wondering because it's so unlike him." She replied.

"Do you have feeling for my brother?" He asked her.

"What! No I don't!" She exclaimed.

"Well you sounds like you do!" He retorts back

"Your brother was just there all the time and all of sudden he is not. It's just sudden that he stop coming."

"Do you care for my brother or not?" he asked angrily.

"I don't I have feelings for you. I remembered. I remembered everything." He whipped his head towards her and stared at her in shock.

"I remembered coming home that night and we stumble and fell on the couch while you were trying to take the bottle away from me. I remembered you rejected me. I remember coming out of the shower and forcing you to look at me as I drop my towel. I remembered taking your hands and placing it on my breast. I remembered enjoying to feel of you against me. I remembered craving you more than once. I remembered it all when I was in hospital. After your outburst while I was sleeping these memories kept haunting me when very I am sleeping." As she finished and looked up at him , she saw him gulped.

He was left speechless after her revelation. He did not know what to say. She remembered. When she did not remember, it was different he knew where the stand. But now what happens. Should he hug her, kiss her, walk away, pretend like the fall did not happen and they did not lost a baby. He was unsure of what to do. He did not know what to say while she was just staring at him waiting for him to say something.

The moment was broken by the nurse who came in and announced that it's time for her bath and medicine.