chapter 16 (edited)

Christopher
I feel so frustrated right now. I have so much work piling up and i have alot of meetings to attend to but i have no fucking clue why i cant seem to leave this god forbidden place. Victor (sofia dad) is trying to handle as much as he can. My dad should be leaving to help and try to keep the press down for a while and also the board of directors clam. I do not know how the information leaked that sofia lost her baby and we are getting a divorce. The press is going crazy and is making up alot of 'nancy stories' and the board of directors is loosing faith in us. They think we are joking around and also they are doubting our work. I am needed there, Tristian is needed there so as sofia. The lawyer is suppose to contact me today. When she recovers and is needed in office and meeting to make decisions i dont know how i am going to work it out. I have barely been married for like four and a half months and I almost got a divorce. And these fucking accounts are not matching either. Victor thinks someone is stealing money from us. I tried calling Tristian but he is not answering what the hell is he doing. He is not picking up the fucking phone!

After waiting some more i decide to go to their suite. Mom, dad and Tristian moved into the hotel penthouse yesterday since it is much cheaper and more convenient for them to take care of sofia when she gets out of hospital. After knocking the door for sometime my mom open the door.

"Mom where is Tristian?" I asked her barging in.
He is in that room with... i did not wait for her to continue and its not like he would be fucking a girl with my parents here, so i open the bedroom door, "Tristian we need to talk." And when i raised my head up only to see sofia. She is the last person i want to see right now yet here she is with my brother and a nurse.

"Congratulations Mr. Vandilique. Your baby is healthy and seems to be doing fine. Its a miracle one of them survived. Though i am sorry for your loss of you other child." She said lowering her head. And walk out after she got no response other than a confused look from me directing it to my brother and sofia.

My brother look at me and back to sofia with his hands in his pocket and he was going to excuse himself. Just before i stop him. And then my parents came up behind me the same time.

" so when were you planning on telling me or were you even planning to telling me?"

" we were going to tell you. We were just waiting for the right time."

"And when is that going to be when my baby born! " i shout slamming my fist down on the dresser.

Just then i receive a punch from my brother. And my mother gasped amd sofi shout ' no Tristian please.'
I was shocked at first but as soon as i realise what just happen i grab his collar and was going to punch him but my father chimed in and grab my fist and avoid it from hitting my brother.

"Stop it both of you! I am so embarassed to call you two my sons. You two are behaving like wild animals! And you two are getting physical and that two infront of a injured pregnant woman. You know her condition is delicate, if she is stressed out even a bit she can loose her baby! So you two behave and talk like grown responsible young man!" My father exclaimed.

Tristian and i was still glaring at eachother and my dad was breathing heavily next to us because of his outburst. When i heard someone start talking and turned my head to see it's sofia.

"I found out the same day you sent the divorce papers" she began while looking down and fumbling her fingers.
" i just found out and your parents came in and heard the same time and then i was told you sign the papers. "
She said.

"So when were you planning on telling me?"

"When i see you. And if i did not get to see you then i would have visited you meself when i get on my feet again."
After listening i was ashamed of my outburst. I wanted to touch her belly so badly and hug her and pamper her but i dont think i have the privilege to do so at the moment. with our current situation i dont think she would allow me to touch her. And to be honest i dont even know what to say to her i was lost of words for the first time in my life i dont know what to say nor do. So i took deep breaths and close my eyes for a minute and i felt tears streaming down my face. The pain i felt when i found out my baby was dead came back. The anger i felt came back. I should not feel like this but i do. So i did the only thing that came to my mind. I act on my impulse and i touch her belly to feel a little bump under her dress and it felt real. It was too overwhelming at the moment and i had to leave. I wanted to be by myself i need to digest this. And i need to sort my feelings out before i face sofia again. Tristian ran out behind me, "where are you going?"

Sofia

I just told Christopher about the baby and was suprised that he touch my belly. It felt too intimate for me even though it wasnt. But then he suddenly retract his hand as realisation hit him and he ran out of the room with Tristian behind him. I then feel tears start to pool in my eyes and i turn towards the window to avoid looking at his parents and i guess they understand and they walk
out closing the door behind them but not after giving me a reasurring pat on the shoulder. It is already hard enough I dont need it be be any harder.