Chapter 11 (edited)

'We are very sorry sir, we could not save the baby'.
That was all he heard everything else that the doctor said were silent words to him. He was shocked, he was in pain, heart broken. He haven'tcried in a really long time but he cried now. Three months ago he did not want to get married, he was not ready for a family as yet but now he felt like someone dug their hand in his chest and pull his heart out. Thats how painful it was. His baby died. He did not get to see him or her nor hold it. He went into a vacant room and the door close behind him. He went on his knees and cried, the cries turn into sobbing and the sobbing turned to bawling. He got up and upturn the bed, the chair and anything else that was in the room... minutes past, hours past. It was almost 3 in the afternoon. When he heard a knock on the door, that snap him out of his reverie. With a sigh he got up and open the door.

"Son sofia is awake. We can see her now. " said Christopher father.

His hands automatically balled into a fist. Anger flashed through his eyes. He felt his vein swelling, his adam apple bobbing. He stand straight and took long strides towards her room with his parents hot on his tails.

"Son wait. What are you doing? "
Said his father. His voice echoing through the halls.

His In Laws were waiting infront of sofia room. He pushed past and walk straight into the room ignoring everyone  eyes and his father's calling. The sight he saw when he entered the room almost made him pitied her, almost. She had tubes and wires all over her; her nose her arms and chest. Her left arm and her right leg was in a cast and so as her chest. A doctor  and a nurse was also in the room doing check up and changing her urine bag and IV Bag.

Mr. Vandilique,  your wife is out of danger for now. We still have to watch her for another seventy two hours to make sure she does not slip into coma while sleeping because her body is severely hurt and and it needs lot of sleep. The body can easily put it sleep in coma to heal but we dont want that since it is hard to bring patients out of it. Fifty percent of patients never came out. The die.
She also has suffered two fractured ribs, a fractured arm and a fractured leg. Her spine has suffered a severe shock. Therefore it will take a while for her to walk. After her leg and arm healed we will put her into therapy.

Christopher took two deep breaths and take that all in. He felt sorry for her now. He heard someone broke into tears. He turned around to see sofie mother sobbing. The room felt suffocating. He was angry and in pain. He lost his child and his wife is partially paralysed.

The doctore continues,  about the baby. She was twelve weeks, three days pregnant. I am very sorry but she lost the baby when she fell down the stairs.

"Do you still have it?" Asked Christopher.

"I will have to ask my team. We don't normally gave twelve weeks fetus. But i will enquire about it." The doctor said nonchalantly.

"Doctor, i don't want you to enquire about it. I want you to give me my baby. Go and get it now! Or i will make you loose you loose you job!" Christopher said on a deadly tone.

"Christopher! Mind you tone." His father warned.

"Mind my tone, father? This woman ran away from me! Not once but twice and she killed my child." He seethed

He was about to walk out but turned back and said, " dad , mom, you know what? You guys wanted a heir right? Well there. You got me an arranged marriage. And you got your heir. The only problem is, its dead! Now i can filed for a divorce and am sure sofie would not mind since thats all she has ever wanted!" And he walked out.

James Vandilique was about to go after his son. To talk some sense into him but was stopped by sofia father, " James your son is right. My daughter has brought shame upon me. Its her fault. She ran away from your son! She had all of us searching like mad men and women for her. Wondering if she was kidnapped or dead. Christopher did nothing. When she saw him she ran away like a fucking stupid idiot. She got herself in the situation. She acts like a stupid immature child. She needs to grow up!" Sofia mother slapped her dad

"You have no right to speak ill about your daughter! she did no wrong."

"I agree with you susan. Its my son who did wrong. My son treated her badly and on selfish terms he agreed to go ahead with the marriage." Said Rena.

"sofia is not a child anymore. You are babying her too much. I got her married its up to her to make it work. But she decided to run when things get rough. Life is not a rainbow."  Said victor, sofia father.

" Life is not a rainbow but no one married their 18 year old daughter off" said paul, as her enters with his wife and the Kendallvilles

" you heard what we said about sofia's confession about her relationship with Christopher and he admitted to everything. She wasn't lying and you still chose to be hard headed" paul continues.

" Everything would have been fine. No one sees this. Christopher agreed  to gave her a life and make things work!" Victor  agrued.

" She is an eighteen year old kid who you took out from school and married her off to an man with no conscience." Said rose exasperatedly.

"  it doesn't matter what anyone says. I agreed with christopher. Nothing is going to change my mind. She can do what the fuck she wants now with her life. And when she falls flat on her face i dont want to know and i am not going to help her. Tomorrow the media will know about all this. I am not going to protect her from her embarrassing her self anymore. She has to feel and learn and know when she had it good!" And he walked out of the room.

Christopher parents, sofia mom, Stacy parents, along with stacy and the Kendallville remain in the room. Everyone turn to look at sofia when the monitor started to beep rapidly. And her chest start to heave. Tristian enters the room immediately.

" what happened? I got a call from Christopher but couldnt comprehend anything he was saying. He was balling and hyperventilating..." he stop when he realise sofia was on the bed and heaving and the monitor beeping. And the doctors and nurse rushing through the door. And putting everyone out.