Chapter 8

I began to worry, so I called and texted him. He didn't reply, he's in trouble, I can feel it. My twinstincts are never wrong. My phone went off. Mason called.

"Mason where's Xander?"

"Lexi, come outside."

"Mason what the hell!" He tracked me.

"Lexi come on." He demanded. This sounds urgent, so I went downstairs. He wasn't in his car, I wonder why? He eyed me as I got in.

"Lexi." He sighed as we left. Something's wrong, I could tell. Please don't say Xander

"Mason what's going on?"

"Someone was attacked."

"Who?" I asked as we passed the sticks. It's Xander I know it is. He pulled over. "Just tell me."

"Lexi." He said looking me in my eyes.

"Mason." I said as he rubbed my arm.

"It's Xander." As he said it I felt my heart drop. I stepped out of the car. Mason sat next to me as I balled.

"This is my fault, if I'd have been there, this wouldn't have happened."

"No, no Alex, you didn't know this was going to happen."

"No, I knew something was off. He wasn't texting me back or answering my calls, I should have stayed-

"Alex."

"I should-

"Alex no, you can't control what goes on, this wasn't your fault. So stop it. Now we're going to the hospital to see him. He knows who attacked him so your focus needs to be on that." I was silent, I just stood up and got in the car.

_______________

"Alexander." I sighed as I sat next to him, pushing Ashley out the way, she left. Mason stood at the end of the bed looking at all the charts.

"Alexis." He smiled. He looked bad. He had several bandages and scars.

"Xander what happened?" I said as Mason sat next to me.

"I was on my way to the sticks and stopped to the convenience store. That's when I saw a few of them come inside." He sighed. "They surrounded me, then they jumped me." He began to cough.

"Hey bro you good." Mason asked.

"I'm good, but they jumped me. Before I passed out they took me and said tell Alex to meet us at the park on 6th alone at 8."

"Did you recognize anyone?"

"I did see one person."

He kept coughing, then he began to cough up blood. I pushed the call button. The nurse rushed in. She saw him coughing and she moved his bed. She also gave him some medicine.

"Was he trying to get up?"

"No ma'am, he was just talking."

"Oh okay." She said leaving. Xander's breathing was ragged.

"She's hot." He sighed.

"I know-

I looked at Mason, giving him a death glare.

You're jealous, but he's not even your boyfriend

"She looks nice." He said looking at me. "What?"