Chapter 2 :The wrong time

3rd person POV

Calyssa looked around the room for probably the fifth time until she heard a voice coming from the outside of the office

She went towards the door , Artemis still clutched in her arm , and began to open it until she heard the voice say

"Pumpkin Juice ".

Which made the doors swing open and a tall older woman in a red nightgown walked through.

"What are you doing out of bed young lady ?"
She said

"And in Dumbledores office no less ! You ought to get back to your dormitory miss - sorry miss what is your name ?"

"McAllister, Calyssa McAllister, and I'm not a student , well not yet at least , I just transferred here from Ilvermorny , School of Witchcraft And Wizardry in America ."Calyssa said collectively

"Oh that's right ! How foolish of me , Dumbledore did tell me about you Miss McAllister, we just thought you were getting here at six o'clock today !"

"Yeah , Err -well ,my dad kinda messed up on the time change there -

"Minerva ! " yelled a man from outside .

"Minerva what's going on here ? Why are you in my office with a -student ? Forgive me my eyesight is not what it used to be ."Said Dumbledore as he entered his office.

"Albus this is Miss McAllister, the transfer you told me about !"

"Ahh yes of course, we were expecting you to arrive by dinner Miss McAllister, so you could be sorted along with the first years , but seeing as you've arrived at the wrong time, we'll have to do a smaller ceremony-now where is that old hat?"

"A hat ?" Said Calyssa looking utterly dumbfounded .

"Yes Miss McAllister, I don't know about the sorting process at Ilvermorny , but here , this here hat , sorts you in to one of four houses , Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw ,Gryffindor , or Slytherin . He said as he pulled a rather musty looking , leather wizards hat from a high shelf .

"Hmm .. interesting ." Said Calyssa .

She kept reminding herself that everything is not going to be exactly the same as it was at Ilvermorny , but she would just have to learn to let go of her old way of life and learn to live a new one .

"Now ,Miss McAllister ,if you'd just sit on this here stool , " McGonagall said as she pulled out a small brown stool from the corner of the room .

"I'll then place the sorting hat in your head and it will -well , sort you."

"Alright then ." Said Calyssa as she sat on the stool.

Then She was utterly surprised when the hat started to belt out its song

"In times of ol-"

"Ehh , actually , If you could just skip the song this time that would be great , considering the state of things ."Said Dumbledore

"Really ? Ugh it's not like I've rehearsed that for an entire year just to get shut back up in a shelf , but alright , let's see, this one is very clever , but also kind at times , very cunning , but yet courageous all the while , hmmmm......
Better be .....GRYFFINDOR !" The sorting hat belted out , only to be met by more silence .

"Really no applause? Ehh tough crowd tonight." The sorting hat replied .

"Well that certainly makes things quite a bit easier now that we don't have to wake up any of the other heads of the houses to accompany Miss McAllister up to her dormitory Minerva."
Said Dumbledore

"Yes , but Albus , if I remember correctly we are indeed short on beds in the 4th year Gryffindor girls dormitory, so she'll have to bunk in with the boys for tonight ."

"Wait what?!" Calyssa asked . She had always slept in dorms separate from the boys at Ilvermorny , and she did not  want 5 British boys to wake up and find her sleeping in their room .

"Yes, I'm sorry Miss McAllister, but until we get another bed , you'll have to sleep in the boys dormitory , but don't worry ,they're  a friendly group of chaps , troublesome at times but usually very friendly."

"Ok then .." she said rather hesitantly , as she was not looking forward to the morning to much .

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys hope you liked the chapter ! Bit of a cliffhanger but I really enjoyed writing it .

-Steph