Chapter 9: An Unknown Power

Once they had reached their dormitory, Calyssa stood frozen in the doorway ,running through her mind all the different possible ways her new life would be torn apart as soon as people discovered her secret.

"So you want to talk now?" She asked Hermione nervously

"Well yes , I believe that was implied ."Hermione responded with confusion as she gestured for Calyssa to follow her into the room.

Calyssa shifted in place uncomfortably for a few seconds before she cautiously stepped into the room and stood awkwardly in front of her bed .

"Are you sure it's safe to talk here ? What if someone walked in on us ? They could hear me ! They could find out ! I shouldn't be telling anyone this , it's all my fault , I just had to use it in public , and on a professor non the less !I am such an idiot !" Calyssa ranted

"Lyss calm down !"Said Hermione

"What would they find out ? What can't you use in public ? Please just tell me!"

She didn't want to tell Hermione , to bring her into all of this , to keep her secret , but she also knew that if she didn't let someone know , she would explode .

"Ok, " she said ,taking a deep breath
"So you know how I'm a Legilimens ?"
Hermione nodded , "I also sort of got another special ability attached to that one , which sorta allows me to kinda .... control minds ..."she said.

"WHAT ?!" Exclaimed Hermione . "How long have you had it ? Have you used it any other time ? Merlin Calyssa do you realize what this means ?! "

"Uhhhhhh.." responded Calyssa , desperately grasping for the right words .

"So your telling me you could convince any professor to give you top marks any of your classes, or make them give you all Os on your O.W.L.S ? "

"Technically i could but , that's not the point ! I shouldn't be doing it at all ! If anyone found out they would question me , or acuse me of confunding people ! I could be sent away !"

At this Hermione just bowed her head , chastising herself for being so greedy and foolish .

"But , as answers to your other questions, I assume I've had it since birth , along with my legilimens ability , but we never really found out till I was 8, and I convinced Selene to play quidditch with me and our brothers , when she  had never even touched a broom before ! My eyes did the weird glowing thingy that you saw them do earlier today , and my mother discovered that my abilities stretched far beyond being able to read minds , that I was so powerful i could also control them. My parents told me never to use it again unless it was an emergency but , between you and me , I've used it here and there to avoid trouble at school , or get me and my brother free candy at stores ."

"Wow ,ok " said Hermione "Well Calyssa, your secrets safe with me , I promise I'll never tell a soul , and I'm fine with you using it as long as it's for a good cause , and no one gets hurt ."

"Thanks Hermione ! I didn't expect people to be so cool about this !"

"Well, I guess you could say I'm a bit different then most people here ." She responded with a shy smile .

And then , almost as if on cue , Isobel and Fay  walked through the door giggling , followed by Lavender and Pavarti  talking about the boys from Durmstrang rather excitedly .

"Hi everyone ! You won't believe the night we've had ! These Durmstrang boys were practically all over us ! Talking about us in Russian or something!"said Lavender

"Er , I believe Durmstrang is located in Bulgaria Lavender " remarked Hermione

"Oh whatever , anyway , me Pavarti and the boys laughing , having a grand old time right ?But then stupid McGonagal has to come in and ruin it saying "girls you really should be heading back to bed now , come along , I wouldn't want you two to be more tired then usual in Transfiguration tomorrow afternoon " she said in a poor imitation of McGonagal .
"I mean can you believe it ? What an old bore am I right ?"

"Well seeing as how we all have a long day ahead of us , I suggest we follow McGonagal's orders and get some rest ." Said Hermione , which made Lavender groan

"She's not wrong Lav , Snape will be making us do twice as much work in Potions tomorrow, to catch up with the work we had to miss today."
Said Pavarti .

"Okay , well I agree with you both , so me and Artemis are gonna hit the hay ." Said Calyssa , while gathering up her pajamas and picking up Artemis from her trunk .

"What does she mean by hit the hay ?" Hit what hay ? There's no hay in here ? Or is there ...." Remarked Lavender

"Uhh I think it's an expression Lav ." Said Fay

"Right , well I'll be needing my beauty sleep if I'm going to be talking to those Durmstrang boys again tomorrow!" Lavender responded .

And so , Calyssa and the girls changed into their pajamas climbed into bed , and got ready for a restful sleep . At least , she thought it would be restful

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, I know it's sorta cringey and I'll probably be going back and editing it a lot , but I am glad that this chapter had Lavender as a bit of comic relief after all the dramatic secret sharing went on between Caly and Hermione.

But all things aside , the exciting stuff is coming soon so just hold on !!!

Love you guys

-Steph ;)