Prolounge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aren't you happy?" Mrs. Smith, the owner of the restaurant asked me as I climbed down the stairs.
"Of course, I am. This is something I dreamt of everyday. Why do you ask so?" I said, plastering a smile and wishing Mrs. Smith believes my lies. She was someone I always looked upon as a mother after my parents death. She was my mother's, Sweta Gupta's best friend and I had known her from the time I was born. Her loving and caring nature made her my favorite aunt ever since. And I was thankful for that one thing which my mother hardly possessed- looking at my face and predicting correctly that something was wrong with me. But today, I just hoped that she wasn't good at that.

"Khushi, You know me right? I can tell you.. there is something that is bothering you...tell me my daughter" She caressed my head as he held my hand with the other hand and took me downstairs.

She took the bouquet from my hand and kept it on the wooden table.

"Ever since, you heard of your promotion you had been acting like this...whats wrong? Tell me.. I am there with you." She said in such a manner that I wanted to blurt out everything that was bothering me. But I held myself because I knew.. if i revealed anything she would be in danger.
"No Aunty ... its nothing like that..I am happy with what I have achieved. i just wish my parents were with me celebrating my success...nothing else .. just missing them."

Mrs Smith smiled at me and I gave a sigh of relief. It was obvious that she believed me.
Before she could say anything Anna's voice resounded in the air calling for her.
She just kissed my forehead and left.
I stood up in hurry and proceeded towards the exit.
As soon as I opened the door a saw flash of red and then it was gone. I looked on startled.
I frantically searched here and there for the sigh of red but it was no where in sight.
And then my eyes rested on the piece of paper under my feet.
Which read "Good job ..waiting for you at Starlight restaurant at 8 pm. IN RED - ASR"