Chapter 16

"Mr Raizada, please put me down", I said with all the energy left in me. He kept ignoring me like for the past few minutes. I looked into his eyes while he climbed the stairs with me in his arms. I sighed and rested my head onto his chest. I listened to his heart beating, slowly and calmly. The music of his heart was so relaxing that I wanted to sleep. I closed my eyes as if it was a lullaby of some kind.

Why was he doing all these? Wasn't he aware of his brother's doing?

Wasn't he equally guilty for not stopping Akash? Couldn't he stop him from destroying my life? I wanted to ask these and more. But I neither had any energy nor strength to go through more fights and arguments.

When we reached the second floor of the enormous mansion, he kicked opened one of the room.

It was a beautiful room. No doubt. Mr Arnav Singh Raizada was the chairman of HR designs. Just like his post, his room was equally magnificent.

Had it been some other day, I would have been so excited to explore the room.

He walked into the centre of the room where a king-size bed was placed.

He slowly placed me on the bed, almost as if I was made out of glass. I didn't fight him because I was really tired and wanted a great nap. I wanted some time to process the things that had happened to me in the last few days. I wanted to sleep away and go to a place unknown. I didn't want to come back to reality.

He covered me with a duvet, switched off the lights and asked me to take rest. He walked away and closed the door, leaving me all alone inside the room.

Mr Raizada didn't know that I was afraid of the dark. And why should he know of all the people in the world? Who was he?

My Boss.

That's it.

Then why did he bring me here to his house? Why was he acting all concerned for me?

Because he was guilty for his brother's doing. Yes. Yes, that was the answer. After some time he would ask me to leave with some money for living.

I had heard how arrogant he could be from some of my colleagues in the office. I sighed. I couldn't even cry.

I thought about all of these. All of these, but I couldn't stop thinking about the times I had caught him gazing at me with soft eyes. Almost as if he was admiring me. It had made my heart go dhak-dhak. It would make me nervous. I closed my eyes, trying my best to shoo away those thoughts. No. No, it was not what I was thinking. He is doing all these because he feels he has to cover up for his brothers doing. He felt nothing but sympathy for me. And right now I did felt like I needed sympathy. Sympathy from everyone, sympathy from God.