Chapter 10(part 2)

Chapter 10(part2)

"Look Khushi.. I don't know what you are thinking.. "She held my elbow " don't trust any of them"

"whom are you talking about?" I tried to shove her hand away but she was adamant.

"you know what I am talking about..." She looked into my eyes with sheer seriousness.

"I know Anna.. but.." I sighed at last.

"Khush.. listen.. ASR could be anyone..And its better if you be careful around all of them."

Silence prevailed for a while as I analysed how true her words were.

"hmm.."

"Why were you crying khushi?" his question came once again as I was brought back from the flashback.

I didn't know, how to reply to his question because neither could I tell him the truth nor could bring myself

to lie him. But keeping Anna's words in my mind I spoke the words that came to my mind.

" Actually.. I -I was .. I mean I am scared of darkness.. so I ...panicked and ..and I am sorry for .. i -I shouldn't have hugged you.."

My cheeks had gone red with embarrassment as I recalled how it felt to be in his arms.

"Bas(Enough)" If it wasn't for the thick silence in the hall , I swear I wouldn't have heard him say that.

I looked up to him and stared at his face as if waiting for him to continue.

"If you don't intend to tell me the truth.. at least don't lie." I saw a flicker of hurt in his face and I wondered if that was because I didn't tell

him the truth. How does he know that I am lying?

More than that, one question was running in my mind, What the heck was he doing here at this time of night???

Given that he had not given me any proper reason for his sudden wish to visit me out of blue, I wondered.

And considering what kind of person he was, like someone who believed that he is answerable to no one, I doubted if he will ever answer me.

"Why are you here Sir?" I asked him out of blue.

At first he seemed surprised at the sudden turn of topic and with almost a small smile, well almost, replied" Because I wished to"

Thats it?? I mean, does he even know that he is acting like a perfect boyfriend that I had imagined for years???

He shouldn't be acting like this, even though I agree I have a little ,ok not little, feelings for him but I knew he was not interested in me.

Well, thats what I think. And I didn't want to embarrass myself by letting my feeling take over my mind and at last getting insulted for the same.

"Sir, I think this looks highly unprofessional from your part. We share an employee-boss relationship and 'wishes' don't really count." I finished in a business like tone.

"But not outside the office" he snapped back and smirked at me.

My eyes widen as I tried to comprehend the meaning behind his words. Was he flirting with me??

Either he had got his head hit somewhere or I was dreaming. This couldn't be possible.

Before I could answer I saw him looking past me. Oh shit!!!! I had totally forgotten about the blood. I turned where he was looking.

His eyes had widen, and I gulped. I racked my mind to create some believable lie.

"Actually."before I could complete, he had giving me an unnerving look and stormed out of the house in long strides.

I stood gaping at the sudden turn of events. Whats wrong with him??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As he stared at the picture in front of him, a small smile played on his face.

"Abhay babu?" A lady in her early fifties called out to him.

He kept the frame down as if to hide it from her.

"There is no need to hide it from me.. I know everything beta" She kept her hand lovingly on his head and explained.

"I can't forget what she had done to me... She has to endure the punishment." His eyes turned red in both anger and with unshed tears.

"Don't do this... just let her know.. She will love you." Tears rolled down her eyes and she stroked his hair.

"No!!" He replied in sheer rage and the lady was taken aback.

"No.."he repeated once again "This will never happen" He said and stormed out of the room, leaving Sweta Gupta, Khushi's mother, in total stress and total discomfort.