Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"Khushi?" I halted my steps when I heard Akhash yell out my name.

"Oh Hi Akash.. Whats up?"

"Oh .. Khushi, Sneha was saying you were looking out for me? What is it?" He said and my smile instantly faded away.

"Yes. Actually.." I looked around to see if anyone was around. "Do you know who Vivek Gupta is?" I asked him with wide eyes."I mean What was he doing here, yesterday?"

"Vivek Gupta??" He creased his brows as if thinking very hard." Oh yeah! You know about the upcoming fashion show right? He is the manager of AR Designs. They have supplied all the raw garments required

for the fashion show.(Pauses) In fact, they have also contributed some of their exclusive designs solely for the show. This is a very big project as two of the best designing companies are coming together for the first time. " He continued speaking about how media are excited about the whole project but my mind had already gone haywire because I knew I had no chance of backing off. I had to face him and that too with a smile.

I didn't have a choice. I excused myself and walked straight to a room unless Akhash notices my disturbed face.

"What the!!" Mr. Raizada exclaimed as I had straight away collided with him and he had held my arms for support. when did I enter the conference hall?

"Cant you for once see and walk Miss Gup.." His words faded away as he stared at me. "Is everything ok, Miss Gupta ?"

Why does it matter to him? I wanted to scream out. But I also knew if i try to speak even a word I might start crying.

"That's none of business Sir. Until it effects the work of the company, I don't think you should be bothered about it." I snapped back in rather rude way, I regretted it the very next second as I could feel his anger.

He held my arms in vice grip and I hissed in pain.

"You are hurting me Sir" I said my eyes glistening with un shed tears. He stared at me with anger and so did I.

"Don't talk to me like that... I am your bloody boss." He hissed every word with utmost priority.

"That's what I am saying, you are my boss. You should only be bothered about the work I have to finish. And I -"

He held my arms even tighter and I was sure that the red marks had alredy shown out there.

A tear rolled down my eyes at the pain my arms as well as my heart was feeling. He seemed to notice his tight grip as he slowly left my arms. He turned around, took a deep breath as if calming himself and again turned again.

"Please.." I whispered and if it was not for his sharp ears he wouldn't have turned around and watch me loosing my balance.

"Khushi?" He held my right arms balancing me. Some more tears rolled down my cheeks.

"please.. " I said and looked into his confused eyes.

"I am tired Sir.." I paused and he waited for me to continue. " And I don't know if I can handle it anymore . I have..(sniffs) I have already been forced a lot to do things that are out of my will and dignity." My eyes traveled down to my feet as I said. I paused and looked up as if meaning what I really was about to say." Now , no more!!" I think he was successful to fathom the resolution, my eyes most probably was yelling. I pulled my arms out of his grip and he let me go.

As I walked past him, my steps halted as I heard him say. " I just want to help you."

I walked up to me yet again and I left a sigh. " You don't understand Khushi, .. I just.. I just want to help you.. you have no idea." He took a deep breath as if preparing to say something that's really difficult to say.

I waited for him to complete it but instead he left a sigh and said almost inaudible "Never mind"

Yeah of course!! Never mind.

I walked with a long strides unless he captivates me yet again in a vice grip and utter some absolutely senseless things, messing my already messed up mind.. And life!!

That evening at 8:00 pm

Anna had been staying at my place ever since that flower incident happened. She didn't want me to stay alone because according to he. if the intruder could leave the house with flowers all around without her knowledge,

when my keys were with me that's means he could attack me anytime. And of course, she was right. I politely refused her offer to stay with her.

"Khushi, its been almost a day now. Will you please tell me what kind of reply you gave him?" She jumped right onto my face and replicated the almost cute puppy face.

"Yeah!!." I kept my cup of tea on the table and folded my legs onto the bed, making myself more uncomfortable.

"I replied that I don't really care you he is. And if he is brave enough he could come and confront me face to face rather than acting like a total psycho.

I even said that if he was willing to meet me, I would decide the venue and solve the matter here.

I respect his feeling but if he keeps on acting like a jerk I might never like him.

And thus waiting for his reply."

I picked my cup and sipped my tea. She had an expression as if the information was finally sinking it.

"Ooo... But how will u send it to him.. I mean you don't have addre-"

"It already has" I smiled." I kept the letter in between the red colored flower I had managed to notice. And kept it outside my house before leaving for office this morning."

" And you sure it had reached him already?" She asked with uncertainty.

"I think so.. Because when I came back, the bouquet was still there but the letter and one red rose was missing. He had found him.. "

"You did the right thing khushi and is this the bouquet you are talking about?" I looked at where she was pointing.

9 red rose stood proudly as I remembered the most bloomed one that was missing. I just hoped that this matter gets solved down.

Suddenly the light went off..

"Oh god khushi.. now whats up with this light?.." Anna exclaimed in annoyance.

"khushi, you okay na?..wait a minute I will just .. " She turned on her flash light and so did I.

"Anna.. how can the power go off? Let me call the power department" I went through the contacts list when Anna said she is going down to bring the candles.

Not a minute had passed when Anna's screaming resounded through the air. I dropped my phone in a jiffy and walked down the stairs in hurry.

"ANNA??" I yelled.

"KHUSHI?? " I heard her yell again.

I moved around the hall, only a beam of light coming from the moon directing me.

I couldn't locate her voice but she the sound had stopped coming already. A chill ran down my spine at the thought of the psycho.

"ANNNA" I yelled my lungs and instead of her reply, the hall grew bright with lights but my eyes had grown wide, almost coming out of its sockets.

My heart pounding and my body trembling at what I saw in front of me..

To be continued....