Chapter 1

"Mummy , Will you make me a burger?...I am so hungry andddd tireddd."I said as I launched myself on the couch.

"why wouldn't you? You have been working hard day and night like a robot... if you keep working this way...I will grow

sick ,my child" She yelled as she brought a cup of coffee for me.

"mom, dont worry... Your daughter is one hell of a fighter. I wont fall sick so soon. My mother glared at me.

She had heard this like an umpteenth tired. And she seemed tired of it already.

"ok ...ok.. i am sorry alright!!Ï raised my hand in surrender.

She heaved a sigh and I felt guilty. Her eyes grew narrow and tears threatened to come out. She jerked around and left our small living room

I looked on. No matter how much we tried our past never left us alone. I was sick of trying and very much wanted some supernatural power to swipe out every problem from

our life. But then again I reminded myself that I had to be strong, if not myself then for my mother , my only family.

Dinner was an uneventful one. Apart from passing smiles to each other and savoring the food she had made, we discussed nothing.

Later that night when I laid down, I vowed to make a better day tomorrow and never let any dark cloud hover upon us again.

Little did I know ,it was just the beginning. Beginning of endless suffering where happiness would be a mere oasis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ST. Josephs College , Belora

Miss Melina was a women in her late twenties. Fair, tall with a slender body, carried the air of confidence around her and why not?

She was P.G.T in computer Engineering and a very great teacher. Everyone loved her. And boys?

They were crazy about her. Did I mention she looked very beautiful..like veeerryyyy beauutiful ..

Her flawless skin shined under the sun rays she walked towards me in the corridors of St. Josephs college.

And anyone who would pass by can tell you how much the boys or for that matter the male staff were shamelessly ogling at her.

But she did nit gave any heed to them and proceeded towards me rolling her eyes.

"So miss Khushi..I need to talk to you ... please follow me." She smiled and walked past me.

I adjusted my spectacles and followed her inside the cabin.

"Please be sited"

Ï settled myself and wondered what she wanted to talk about. Did I do anything wrong? No ..she seemed to be in a very good mood.

I slapped myself for thinking too much. This was my problem!

I used to give so much of my time in thinking unnecessary things. You know.like I OVERTHINK.

"No need to be nervous khushi, actually I am here to give you a news...You remember the campusing that happened a month ago"

Of course I did. That was a very beautiful experience. I remember I was so tensed as well as nervous about it.

The interview went well nevertheless. And the authorities were also so supporting.

I nodded.

"Well, they have been going through everyone's resume and they seem to be interested in you.

They called up today in the morning and they want to meet you."

My joy knew no bound. I didn't know much about the company except the fact that they were very renowned one.

I grinned ear to ear as she explained me about the meeting and what I need to prepare.

"Thank you mam"I said and almost danced out the cabin. Well, Almost.

"What is it?" Anna yelled in irritation as I called her that evening.

"Dont' shout. I have sensitive ears."I pouted as I munched my favorite cookies, my mom made after hearing the news.

"look ... whatever you are about to say , better be something important or else.. I will shoot you for disturbing me during my yoga classes."

"It is...."I grinned."you remember the time when we had campusing in our college...? The company seems to be interested in me and asked Miss Melina to fixed

my meeting with them."

But I could hear Anna frowned.

"How is that possible , khushi?...if they were interested in you they would have informed you  a day or two later after the interview..why after almost a month?"

Anna explained and I too started to think the same thing.

"oh..yaa... perhaps it took them time to understand your talent .. you know hidden talent?...hahaha..."Anna laughed as she joked.

I managed to smile.

"Arre... why are you quite now?..come on khushi... I was just curious.. thats it... ok my sir is calling me.. talk to you later ..byyee.."

"byee." but she had already disconnected the call.

Anna was right somewhere.. Why a big company like HR house would take such a long time to decide something..

I thought and thought and thought.. and later scolded myself for thinking so much..

Uff!! khushi !! Stop thinking so much. These are big companies and have other things to do rather than hiring an intern.

That night I slept peacefully thinking about the possible job opportunity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somewhere In Belora

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sir, I have informed the authorities and we have fixed the meeting with Miss Gupta at Starlight Restaurant at 4 pm." His pa informed him

and he cut the call immediately.

He leaned some more on his couch and closed his eyes.

"Finally, I will make you suffer Khushi Gupta .. so much that you will beg yourself to be killed." He gave a sinister laugh as he made himself a drink.

The game has just begun!!!!

Heyaa friends

I dont know how this chapter turned out to be..

So just spare me for my mistakes

and do tell me if you are interested.

Thank you

Ritu