Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"hmm..." Anna hmmed as if she was analyzing what I just said.

"Hmm? Like Really, Anna? Thats all you have to say?... Someone has sent me a letter, which says he loves me..and- annd.. what was that.? Harming my closed ones

if I fail to guess who he is??.. I mean who does that?" I fumed. "And Anna if it turns out to be prank by someone... Then I will kill him.." I saw red as I thought about the chances of

being victim of some practical joke.

"Or her?" Anna raised her eyebrow as she stared at me.

"What?"

She sprang up from the bed and sat across me in the dinning table.

"Look Khushi, if it is a practical joke by someone.. then how are you so sure its 'him' and not 'her'?"

I frowned and looked away. "Yeah.. might be ..b-but.." I heaved a sigh. "Ah- I dont know"

Without any second thought I attacked my cereal, my stomach growling lready.

As I ate my breakfast, Anna boringly stared at me. Oh- I knew that look very well.

"Tell me what is it?" I rolled my eyes.

"What about your reply to him or..maybe her?"

I told her that I have not thought of replying that person. I will I waste my time on someone whom I don't even know.

And being a typical Anna, she created a fuss about it, saying how bad it would feel if he turns out to be some random sereat admirer. Like seriously?

"Ok- Anna .. I will think about the reply.. happy?.. Now dear I am getting late, have to drop mom to the station as well."

"I will also join you, Khush... by the way.. Where is she going?" I stopped mid of packing my stuff. I very well knew, whom she was planning to meet.

Mrs Smith. But, ever since this topic came over, her behaviour changed alot. Not like, I wasn't aware of her emotional bonding with her, but it waas almost as if she was hiding something from me.

I asked her a couple of times about her address other than teling me, Mrs Smith had been living in Shimla.

Shrugging off her question, I asked her to call mom down.

She climbed down the stairs with a small black-colored bag which I had never seen before.

" Khushi, my child" Mom hugged me and I hugged her back. Tears thretening to roll down my cheeks.

" No mom, Don't worry, I will bve fine." I said as I pulled back "Afterall I have your blessings with me... So, don't be sad..okay?.. Now smile please." She forced a smile and so did I.

Both knew how much we would miss each other but the again I would never make my mom feel suffocated. Just like us, she too needed space.

Just when I had bid adeiu to my mom at the taxi station, I turned around as my eyes widened as I registered who stood infront of me.

"Miss Gupta, What you doing here?"Arnav Singh Raizada asked me as I felt my mouth going dry.

"Exactly, What you doing here?"

"I asked you the question first" He raised his brows. Oh- how much I hated this person. I had not forgotten how he had behaved with me last time.

"Well,you shouldn't be bothered about what I am doing outside the office premise, Sir" I said the Sir part rather way to sweetly unless he didn't get the intended sarcasm.

"I shouldn't be, you are right Miss Gupta, but not when you are to be in the office right now. In that case,.." he paused and leaned towards me. What was he doing, in the goddam public place??

I closed my eyes and my mind went haywire and my heart went to a marathon race. Thats when I felt his hot breath on my left cheek".. mujhe haq hai( I have to ask you)"

When I had opened my eyes, he had already pulled back and stood smirking at me. I blushed as I scolded myself for thinking useless things. What was I thinking, anyways??

He walked away and got into his BMW and I looked at dazed untill he was no longer in sight. What was wrong with me?? Why was I so much effected by his presence??

I didn't know and I din't bother to answer to my obious sane question.

An hour later, I stood outside the door of The ASR cabin wondering if I should knock the door. Of course, you idiot!! Then how will you explain him about the changes you brought in Sales section??

"What happened, Khushi?" I jerked up the voice.

"Oh Akhash.. you?? No-nothing..A-actually I had to speak to Sir about the sales section..So."I looked around.

"Then go in..Why you standing like that??" he raised his brows and cheeks heat up at that. Whats wrong with me? Why was I acting like a stupid teenager??

"Yeah yeah.." I gave a distracted smile and knocked thrice.

Akhash looked at me as if I had grown horns. Then I saw him beak into a smile.

"You are weird, Khushi" he laughed and walked away."I really am, I whispered to myself.

"Come in"he yelled when I knocked for the third time.

As I entered the cabin, I was shocked seeing at person sitted in front of his desk.

~~~~~~~~~~

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I rememered whom I saw in his cabin. I ran down the stairs, avoiding the lift and entered the parking lot.

Fortunately, my driver was inside the car and I instructed him as to where to take me.

He had just pass the HR house when he handed me something.

"Mam, I saw this paper kept on the bonnet, your name was written in it so I didn't bother to read it."

"Thank you" I unfolded it as I read my name written in shining red almost mathching with my red dress.

"Dear Khushi,

You look beautiful in red.

 I didn't know, this color would suit this much at you.

By the way, you didn't listen to what I said right?

So just as a prize for the same, I have sent something at your house.

And yeah, don't forget to check if your mom has reached the desired destination.

I fear she had met wityh an accident. hahaha.. don't panic..

I don't think she is injured much. Anyways, don't ignore my letters.

Bye

Love

__ __ R "