20

Kyla😍^

Bahja~

"I don't understand, Zonnique just dropped you off here?" I asked Lauren.

"No, she's down the hall recording with Lani."

I mentally rolled my eyes, "oh. You came to chill with your favorite person?"

She looked up at me from her phone, "you're not my favorite person... And no I'm here for Lo."

"Well she went to the store."

"I know already."

"You act just like your sister. It's crazy to me how--"

"You know what's crazy to me? How you dropped my sister like that... You were wrong for what you said too. You might've been upset, who knows why, but it doesn't mean you had to call her broke, you know what we've been through. And if I'm not mistaken, you once wanted her "broke ass" and probably still do. But you're too stubborn to admit. I also find it funny how you're back with your ex. The one who did you so dirty? Who made you "change"? It's a shame how someone can be so lowdown and stupid." She shook her head.

She was right. A 13 year old girl just told me off. "I can't even explain to myself why I did Zonnique that way... But I don't regret it. I regret meeting her--"

"Why?"

"Because if I hadn't met her, it would've never came down to this... I wouldn't be stressing over a girl that I've known for less than a year, and I wouldn't be worried about what she thinks of me."

"But why is that such a bad thing?"

"Because that's not who I am--"

"Is it really not who you are? Or is it just who you don't want to be?"

"You're literally 13 going on 30."

She shrugged, "I'm just speaking the truth. My sister really liked you."

"She did?"

She nodded, "I mean she had a funny way of showing it, but it was there. I've never seen her in a relationship before, I've never even heard her talk about anyone the way she talked about you. And the night y'all went on that date, she kept me up all night talking about it. She said how you were sweet and gentle... All that mushy stuff. You missed out on someone great."

"I know I did."

"But now you've moved on, and she has too."

"Moved on with who?"

"She's moved on with Lani... If you didn't know, she has a thing for her."

"I'm sure the whole world knows Lauren."

"It's weird though. I love the way Lani treats her. Zonnique face just lights up Everytime she's around, or does something sweet... But it doesn't compare to how her expressions were when you did or said something sweet."

"How so?"

"When you did it, she just looked at you with a look... A good look. Like how a groom looks at his bride when she's coming down the aisle. It was a look of love."

"I don't think she loves me... Or loved me."

"Think again."

Could she have loved me? She always talked about how she didn't even like me, which I knew was a lie, but we never really talked about anything involving love. It was just an informal atmosphere.

"We're back!"

I looked up as Lourdes and Bree came through the door with bags. Lauren stood up and helped them.