Holding Back The Tears

No sooner had Robbie pronounced the name of his counterpart, he didn't even show the slightest emotion, and stared at him with a petrified expression until, at any rate, he raised his rough voice to a little more than a whisper and monotonously asked what his Former friend, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for you." Robbie didn't understand how Gary could ask such a question at all.

Was not it obvious what he was doing here? Looking for him? Okay. In his farewell letter it was clear that he didn't want it. But had he really expected that someone like him would? Actually, Gary would have to know better that he couldn't just sit idly sitting down and look for him.

"I ...I wanted to see you again," Robbie whispered, not even once, to see his friend in the eyes.

„Because you ha've found me and have also seen now, I can disappear again. ...Goodbye, Rob!" spoke from Gary the bitterness and indifference in One and while he rose to his chair, this gave him on parting a few more easy words to make clear Robbie with the fact that it more than was final.

"Gary. No. ...Wait. ...Please," Robbie begged him and took a different position, but he did not get anything from him until the pain came.

"I'm sorry. ...Maybe in the next life." Gary didn't even soften so much, so she turned Robbie back once and for all.

When he stood outside the door and wanted to devote himself to his only escape, the latter was opened from the other side, and so Gary looked into three faces, not quite unknown to him, whereupon his heart stopped suddenly. ...It was none other than Howard, Jason and of course Mark.

- Crap -

Not still them. Gary had already guessed that they would turn up somewhere, but not so fast. Now there was nothing to say, and to disappear from here quickly ...before they recognized him.

With the hope that it didn't happen as soon as possible, Gary dared more than a right desperate escape right through the middle. While he was trying to cheat on the three, he muttered something of an excuse and when Gary thought he was finally through, he was actually being addressed by one of the guys. But it was not a remark that he should be better off or the like. No. ...It was more than just that.

"Gary?"

To his attribution, as well as to the obvious fact that he had been recognized, Gary wanted nothing more than to be in a different place and was about to take his legs in his hands, until he suddenly from a very aggressive Howard on the shoulder packed and then, with the words, "No. Forget it. ...You stay here.", was thrown back into Robbie's sick-room. In his so-called deep flight, however, he took a chair with him and then fell more than unhappily on his right forearm, where Gary remained lying with a pain-distorted face. This momentary and infernal pain, which he was just hearing, was definitely the worst, at least from a purely physical point of view, what he had ever felt. Compared to these frightful ice baths and also the earpins, which he had received from his parents at the time, they were quite harmless. Although Gary had no medical knowledge at all, he already knew that his right wrist was sprained.

Good God. That hurts.

Still while Gary lay furthermore on the ground and everything in it put this persistent pain anyhow to endure, hastened to Jason and Mark to theirs in the sickbed-recumbent friend called Robbie to reach and Howard stopped, nevertheless, rather with crossed arms before the door.

"Hey Rob. How are you? ...As far as we've heard, you must have a pretty stunt. I've always told you that you should leave the overlays to Howard or me." Jason wanted to know just how the youngest of the band was going after his car accident and, besides a loose saying, couldn't resist a big grin.

"Very funny.", Robbie didn't feel so funny, because this stupid car accident wouldn't have to be, and instead of responding to Jason's question, he just turned around his interrogation, "But, what are you doing here?"

"Really Rob. You're serious asked about what we're doing here? Isn't that obvious? ...First, we were called and secondly, you are and remain simply our friend. This is what friends do, and especially when they are as close as we four!" Jason said, even though they all lived their own and little happiness, they were still like brothers, and for all of us, without exception, aside were standing.

- ...we four! -   echoed the last two words, like an incessant echo, nor through all the auditory passages which were present here.

This was now more than clearly against Gary and so they all looked to the still lying something, which they once knew in their midst and had really called him as a very good friend.

The one, who had to destroy everything in their eyes. The one, who had to say something without a word, had simply disappeared and blown away. The one, who made every single one of them indispensable for his problems and that although none of the friends had done him anything. Just because of this, it was no surprise that they had regarded Gary as a traitor for years. Well, to be honest, this point of view came more from Howard and so he stood largely alone. After an initial disappointment that Gary hadn't looked at him as one of his friends and had thus sneaked out of his life, the irresistible rage came. The rage that this miserable bastard had betrayed their common history for all time and had finally ended ...and also without any plausible reason to reveal.

Mark and Jason, on the other hand, were simply disappointed by Gary, who made them all and more than seriously, why, always responsible for his problems.

While they watched each other in a subsequent and quite frosty silence, as Gary groaned and more than painfully slowly again installed itself on the feet, the three new arrivals looked at their former friend in depth, wondering what had become of him in the last four years was. This full-bodied and somewhat disheveled fellow, who also presented himself in a worn-out jeans and a frayed shirt, couldn't possibly be Gary ...and yet he was.

As he, lives and breathes.

Perhaps it may be that Gary had lost all the visual charm, and his sight was quite necessary, but he still had the typical facial expressions he knew. Striking the right eyebrow, lifting.    Okay. In the world, there were a lot of people who did the same thing, but as soon as Gary started, the friends knew immediately that behind it was washable Barlow. Exactly, just like now. For this reason, he was recognized by them, so that one such as Howard had stopped at the fastest time and could stop him from a sudden and hasty escape. But Howard would have acted just a second later if Gary had been up and gone.

As soon as Gary found himself again on his two shaky legs, he held up his injured forearm slightly and pressed it gently against the upper body. As the pain did not diminish and he wanted to be alone by himself, he threw a very cautious side glance at the tall one, and now muscular-haired Howard, who stood before his only escape. It was hopeless. He wouldn't go past him. He sat in the trap.

God. How could he have been so stupid as to at least once to see Robbie, whether the latter also had his emergency surgery well over? ...That was his final downfall.

Under the growing and no longer restrained sense of absolute despair and also of helplessness, Gary trotted more than tired to the nearest window, where he then leaned against the wall with his right shoulder and stared out into the world before him. Within a few seconds, Gary was able to completely hide his surroundings and sank into a distance as he'd done it all too often in the last four years. As he became one with the infinite expanse, and all around him surrounded himself in a dense and sound-insulated veil, every single past came back to the surface. The everlasting shadow of time had once again attracted him, and he immediately demanded a tribute from Gary, which he had to follow posthumously, so that he could forget the whole thing here and somehow. ...His soul.

All the while Gary was still standing at the window, staring at an empty, almost non-viable, look, the former singer even fought with his tears, but he could still swallow somehow. It was only through his abnormally great resistance that he was able to keep it for himself at all. ...At least still.

***** Thoughts? *****
😉