Chapter 2

You thought about whether to bring the firearm. It will be crowded there, and the last thing you needed were civilians finding a girl armed with a gun. But stubborn as you were, you brought it with you anyway. You stuck it down your pocket, and covered it with the trench coat.

But the dog saw the firearm. It growled, looking at you and to the place your gun was seen. You sighed. You knelt down and explained to the mutt.

"Look, I'm not a bad person, okay? I never use the gun unless for self-defense. I am living a dangerous life here, and I am not safe wherever I go. Let's just say there are people coming after me. So please, just bear with it during the meantime, okay?" You pleaded.

The dog stopped growling and looked at you with expectant eyes. "Let's go." You were walking briskly down the pavement, with the terrier at your heels. Once you arrived at the market, you looked down to see the terrier, looking back and forth, looking for his master. You walked deeper into the crowd with the dog, until you hear a male voice shout, "Snowy!" The white dog at your feet jumped with excitement, and dashed into the hustle and bustle of the flea market.

You found a boy your age, kneeling down to pet the dog. Oh, Snowy was the dog's name. He donned a blue sweater and a coat. He had strawberry blonde hair that was in a quiff as well. He was quite attractive, you could give him that. The boy stood up and approached you. You tense up, not knowing what to do.

The young lad smiled, saying, "I saw Snowy following you just now. I thought it was another dog that looked like him, so I called his name to see if it would get his attention. How did you find Snowy? He ran off last night."

You stuttered, "W-well I found him wandering on the streets, so I took him in for the night and promised to look for his owner the morning after. And I presume it's you, then?"

The boy replied. "Yes, and I appreciate what you have done for taking care of my dog, how may I repay you, miss...? Oh, I'm Tintin, by the way." He stuck out his hand.

"(y/n)," you said. You shook his hand. "It's not necessary, Sir Tintin. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way now."

"Wait!" you hear Tintin call out. You snaked through the crowds of people, relieved that you lost sight of Tintin and Snowy. Turning to a shortcut, which was an alleyway, you decided it was best if you headed home as soon as possible. You placed your hands in your pockets, and walked briskly towards the other end. It was quite dark in the place, despite it being morning, and there were a lot of garbage bins, which didn't really help to the smell. You gagged.

You were about to reach the other end until you feel someone cover your mouth with a handkerchief. You cursed silently. What now? You struggled to break free, so you stepped onto the foot of the attacker and swiveled around. You come face to face with bunch of gangsters, four, actually. They had tattoos, bandannas on their foreheads, and brass knuckled. They had both menacing and smug looks. "Where are you going, young lady?" one said.

Hey guys! Hoped you like the chapter. So, how's meeting Tintin at the market? *laughs slightly* Thanks a lot for reading, and the next chapter will be out real quick! 

- bluestars484