Chapter 9

After a last checkup from the doctor assigned to you, the injected needle in your hand was taken off. And you, were very happy to be back on your two feet again. The hospital were all paid off by Captain Haddock, and you thanked him for it.

Tintin, however, still wanted you to answer his question. But he'd still have to find the right time for it. You seemed pretty laid back in his eyes. You were different from all the girls he met. Whatever the circumstances, you always found a way to stay calm. Your positivity seemed to affect everyone in the room. They take one look at you and they feel lighter already. Just like he did whenever he saw you. But he was still happy that you were his friend.

You turn over to Tintin, who seemed in a daze. You strode over and shook him lightly by the shoulders. "Tintin, Captain's waiting for us downstairs. What are you thinking about?" Tintin snapped from his thoughts and said, "You."

Your eyes widened, and Tintin suddenly added, "That's not what I meant! I meant you... seem happy now that you're discharged." You relaxed. Well, that was awkward. You let go of Tintin's shoulders and said, "Come on, we're going back to Marlinspike Hall!"

You grabbed Tintin by the arm and took him downstairs, to where Snowy, Captain and Nestor were standing by car. Snowy rushed to the two of you, and his tail was wagging so fast you were scared it might fall off.

You patted Snowy. When you opened the car door, you were greeted by tons of boxes on the left side, hardly giving any space to sit. "Sorry about the boxes, I forgot to clear out some stuff," Captain said. With Nestor and Captain in the front seats, you and Tintin had to sit behind. You were in between the boxes and Tintin. The boxes took up almost half the space, so you and Tintin were in a tight squeeze.

You squirmed uncomfortably. You weren't used to being too close to anybody, let alone a guy. You heaved a sigh. Nestor was driving, so you were expecting a smooth ride. Well, expecting anyway.

The car suddenly jerked to the left, you leaned against Tintin and boxes toppled over. Great. "Nestor, what was that?" you said, while failing in a feeble attempt to shove the boxes away.

"Sorry, Miss (y/n) and Tintin, but a cat just ran across the road. I had to swerve the car to the left to avoid it." You could almost hear the Captain snicker.

Then you realized you were leaning against Tintin. "Oh I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" Nestor resumed driving, but at a slower pace. You tried to shift back to your place, but the weight of the boxes did you no good.

"No harm done," was Tintin's reply. You couldn't turn, or you'd be face to face with the young reporter. You didn't want to make things more awkward than they already are.

It was a long and silent ride. There were times Captain just had to make a pun.

"Gee, (y/n), I see you're in a tight situation there," he would say. All you could do was groan. "Make it stop," you muttered. Tintin chuckled.

Once you guys arrived at Marlinspike Hall, you scrambled out of the car. You were incredibly relieved to get out of there, being a tiny bit claustrophobic yourself.

Someone tapped your shoulder. "(y/n), I believe this is yours," Tintin said, handing you your handgun. "Thanks," you replied, shoving the barrel at your side. "Don't ever go anywhere without it." The boy added.

"Yes, mother," you mocked, causing Tintin to grin. You laughed a bit, as Snowy, who sat at the front with captain, gave an accompanying bark.

You rushed to your room inside the estate. You went through the box, pulling out the folder. You turned around, seeing Tintin leaning against the doorframe, with the dog jumping at his feet.