Chapter 11

Hello starlings! Just so you guys know, the first few paragraphs will be a bit cliché, but anyway, I had fun writing it, so... let's start the chapter!

You opened your eyes, to see Tintin's face dangerously close to yours. Then it dawned on you that it was Tintin that caught you from your fall. His arms were wrapped around you, and your heart palpitated wildly against your chest, and you feared he could hear the drumming of it.

You and Tintin locked eyes. He really attractive, you thought. Tons of butterflies flapped their wings, but you didn't mind. You realized that you felt safe in Tintin's arms, and when you looked into his eyes you could tell he was the type of loyal person who would do anything for his friends.

He was kind, caring, adventurous, curious, brave – you were lucky to even have known him. The world around you melted away and all your eyes could focus on was the reporter.

And at that moment, you felt that feeling you dreaded to feel when you were in the hospital.

You were beginning to like Tintin.

You snapped out of your daze, slowly regaining your balance as Tintin helped you up. "T-thanks," you choked out. Your gaze broke away from his, darting everywhere in the room just not his eyes.

"N-no problem," he replied. Then Snowy came trotting out from behind the bathroom door. Snowy. The dog planned it all, you thought. You could almost assume that Snowy had a smug look on his face. "There's Snowy," you pointed out.

Tintin still seemed dazed. "There you are," he told the terrier. "Come on." He strode to the door, then by the door, he turned around.

"See you at lunch." He simply said with a smile.

"See you at lunch," you was all you managed to utter.

And as Tintin closed the door, you felt your legs give weight from under you. You sank to the floor, still dazed by what happened.

You tried to deny that you liked Tintin, but it was so hard. But you had that tiny hint of hope that he liked you back. It seemed too far-fetched. So you sighed, and put on some decent clothes, hoping it wouldn't get any more awkward.

You walked out of the room, and met with Captain, Tintin and Nestor downstairs to eat lunch. You greeted them with a nod, and sat at the table. Nestor served (favorite/food), and you hungrily tucked in. You hardly made eye contact with everybody at the table, especially Tintin.

After what happened earlier, you couldn't even face Tintin. As you were chewing, you were staring at your food. Captain and Tintin were starting to notice you were being too quiet than you usually were.

"Anything wrong, (y/n)?" asked Captain, shoving a spoonful of food into his mouth.

"You seem quiet, is anything the matter?" added Tintin.

You looked up, to be snapped from your deep thoughts. "I'm okay." Once you were finished eating, you abruptly stood up and made your way to the kitchen, setting down your plate in the sink.

You scurried upstairs, avoiding the looks of the two that are still at the table. Once you were out of sight, Captain nudged Tintin.

"What?" the reporter asked.

"Do something about (y/n)."

"Why can't you do it?" the boy protested.

"I'm not her age. But you are. I'm sure you'll understand her better than me."

"Does age even matter Captain?" The reporter replied, setting down his utensils.