Chapter 15

You heard the Captain groan. "Tintin told us that after an hour of settling our things in the cabin, we all would meet at the front deck to discuss about our plans once we arrive in New Zealand. We waited for around a few minutes until Tintin decided to look for you, since you really weren't the late-to-come type of lass. He feared you were kidnapped by that crime lord."

You smacked your palm against your forehead as the sailor dragged you out. "Where is he then?" you asked.

Captain kept on walking as he replied, "I'm not sure, but he said he'd be looking for you. You had him worried sick."

When you and Captain reached the front deck, you found Tintin talking to a seated man holding a newspaper, as the reporter raised his hand to what he estimated your height was.

"She's this tall," you heard him say.

The captain stepped ahead of you, calling out to the copper-haired boy.

"Tintin," he called. The reporter spun around, meeting your eyes. You noticed that relief washed over his face, as he thanked the newspaper man. He rushed over to you.

"Where were you (y/n)? I knocked at your cabin door a while ago, but you didn't answer."

You rubbed the back of your neck sheepishly. "Oh, that. You see, uh, I fell asleep."

"Out of all the things that could've happened to you, (y/n)."

"Sleep happened. But at least I'm alright, right?" You chuckled lightly.

Tintin's worried expression finally softened, and he replied, "Okay, okay, now let's just plan our next move once we get to New Zealand."

You nodded in agreement. Only then you noticed that the boat had already set sailed, and suddenly you felt sick. You paled, and held onto a nearby railing for support.

"I-I'll get the family book if we can search for additional information about the treasure," you mumbled, and staggered off to your cabin.

Sea sickness, you thought. You didn't realize it could be this worse. You went inside your cabin, almost tripping a few times, and fished the family book out your backpack. You clumsily went back to the front deck, seeing Captain and Tintin sitting down on some wooden chairs to the side.

"There you go," you said, thrusting the book genty onto Tintin's lap as you flopped down on a vacant chair. You massaged your temples and glanced back up at the duo.

You met their worried glances. "Nausea," you choked out. Captain pat your shoulder reassuringly, adding, "Don't worry lass, it'll be over once you get used to the sea."

You managed a small smile and gestured for Tintin to go with the plan.

"Oh right, so here's what we're going to do..."

The reporter explained (quite a few times because you frequently rushed to the restroom to empty your insides, if you get what I mean) that once you all arrived in New Zealand, you three would be staying in a small house he'd acquired of his own−

"Wait," you interrupted the reporter. You stared at him in blank astonishment. "You have house of your own in New Zealand? How?"

The reporter laughed at your reaction, tilting his head back a bit. "I have connections."

You drawled, "Connections... right."

He looked taken aback. He answered playfully, "With the life of a journalist, you meet new people every day." Seeing your not-convinced expression, he quickly added, "You don't think I have friends? Well, how about Snowy? And Captain?"

You shook your head. "Snowy's an exception- obviously, and Captain as well." Snowy's ears perked up at the mere mention of his name, with an accompanied yip.

"Captain does count!" the reporter slightly exclaimed.

You smirked. "Name one person whom you met that doesn't lead to an adventure." You paused. "Other than Mrs. Finch. She was the landlord after all, of the apartment you used to stay in."

You saw Tintin opened his mouth to speak, but closed again. You were – he was embarrassed to admit – right.

Captain ruffled both of your heads, saying, "Let's get back to the plan, shall we?"

And so the reporter continued. After settling down your belongings in the house, you guys would examine the pages of the book, seeing if there were any codes needed to be deciphered. If that was accomplished, then-

"But," the captain cut Tintin short. The reporter looked to the sailor and so did you. "What if nothing about the treasure is stated in the book?"

Though having the family book for over a day now, you couldn't comprehend why no one has found anything about it in the book's pages.

Tintin was in deep thought, his hand beneath his chin as he pondered about it. "I haven't thought about that yet," he admitted. But he somehow brightened up. "Let's just cross the bridge when we get there, okay?".

With a little filling in of details, the plan was set. Tintin offered to glance at the family book and you agreed, saying you wanted to doze off again. Captain headed off to explore the ship, although he mentioned it wouldn't outshine his previous one, the Karaboudjan. You smiled, shaking your head.

You went back to the cabin, with a better sense of balance, now that the nausea lessened its effect on you. But on the bright side you did prevent yourself from hurling on the way, due to a sudden jerk of the ship from the waves.

That was progress, right? 

Hey starlings! I'm so grateful to all who even took the time to read my story, because +300 reads?! You guys have no idea how this makes me extremely happy. I hope you're enjoying the story, and just so all those who read this story knows that I'm open to any suggestions that you think may improve the story. Although I really can't promise that I'll follow them all, because with all due respect dear readers, I already have a (somewhat not clear, blurry but completely understandable in a strange way ) plot for this one. And yes, I'm aware of what that was typed in the (...) made no sense at all. Haha! :)

Thanks again very much for reading!