Kabanata 39

Many people said Kodi and I are the relationship goals. Many people said we are beyond perfect. But behind our healthy relationship, there was a struggle and a challenge. Not all the time Kodi and I are happy and will remain happy 'til the end. But we choose to understand each other, trust each other and that is  close for being perfect.

When I was a kid, I always imagine my wedding day. Bata pa lang ako ay sobrang hopeless romantic ko na. Sinanay kasi ako ng auntie ko sa mga fairytales. I believe at Prince Charming. When I was a teen, palagi akong nagbabasa ng novels at nanunuod ng romantic movies. Ayaw na ayaw kong magbasa o manuod ng hindi nagkakatuluyan sa huli. And when I met Kodi, napatunayan ko na may Prince Charming pala at may happy ending.

 ♪When a day is said and done,
In the middle of the night and you're fast asleep, my love.
Stay awake looking at your beauty,
Telling myself I'm the luckiest man alive.
'Cause so many times I was certain you was gonna walk out of my life.
Why you take such a hold of me, girl,
When I'm still trying to get my act right.♪

Five years. Para sa iba sobrang tagal na iyon at para sa iba ay nakakasawa iyon. Hindi ako nakaramdam ng pagkasawa kay Kodi. Kahit isang araw na nawalan ako ng gana ay hindi nangyari.

♪What is the reason, when you really could have any man you want,
I don't see, what I have to offer.
I should've been a season, guess you could see I had potential.
Do you know you're my miracle?♪  

I thought we did it. But almost... Almost... Dalawang taon kaming naghiwalay na dalawa. Sa sobrang dami ng napagdaanan namin ay hindi ganoon kadali umusad. Sobrang sakit araw araw. Paano ka makaka move on kung naging parte talaga siya ng buhay mo? Ng araw araw mo? Hindi ganoon kadali. Sobrang hirap, sobrang sakit.

 ♪I'm like a statue, stuck staring right at you,
Got me frozen in my tracks.
So amazed how you take me back,
Each and every time our love collapsed.
Statue, stuck staring right at you,
So when I'm lost for words
Every time I disappoint you,
It's just 'cause I can't believe,
That you're so beautiful. (Stuck like a statue)
Don't wanna lose you, no. (Stuck like a statue)♪  

Hindi sumagi sa isip ko noon na maghihiwalay kami ni Kodi. Walang makakapaghiwalay sa aming dalawa but we talked about his dream. Wala akong pakialam kung masaktan ako ng paulit-ulit o hindi makamit ang happy ending na hinahangad ko basta ang importante nakuha ni Kodi ang pangarap niya.

 ♪Every single day of my life I thank my lucky star,
God really had to spend extra time, when he sculpted your heart.
'Cause there's no explanation,
Can solve the equation,
It's like you love me more than I love myself.♪  

Looking at Kodi standing in front of the altar while walking in the aisle is my dream and he made it come true  too. He is so hot on his 3 piece black suit! Wala bang araw na pangit siya? Wala bang araw na hindi siya hot? Wala bang araw na hindi ako nababaliw sa lalaking ito? WALA.

I smiled at him even though there is a tears on my eyes. Tears of joy. Parang gusto kong bilisan ang paglakad ko at makapunta na kay Kodi. The man of my dreams, the love of my life.

 ♪I'm like a statue, stuck staring right at you,
Got me frozen in my tracks.
So amazed how you take me back,
Each and every time our love collapsed.
Statue, stuck staring right at you,
So when I'm lost for words
Every time I disappoint you,
It's just 'cause I can't believe,
That you're so beautiful. (Girl, you are the reason,)
Stuck like a statue. (The reason for living,)
Don't wanna lose you, no. (The reason for breathing)
Stuck like a statue. (You're so beautiful)
And you're so beautiful. (And I want you to feel it)
Stuck like a statue. ('Cause so bad I'm needing)
Don't wanna lose you, no. (You're the reason for breathing)
Stuck like a statue. (You're so beautiful)♪

I saw how others eyes got teary too. Sa sobrang tagal namin ni Kodi ngayon andito na kami. Mangyayari na ang hinihintay naming araw.

"We made it..." sabi niya ng tumigil na ako sa paglakad sa harap niya. I smiled and nodded. 

I can't help but cry! And he is damn crying too! 

Yes, Kodi. We made it. We are already here. We already reached it. We are now really one.

♪When a day is end and done,
And in the middle of the night you're fast asleep, my love...

I'm the luckiest man alive.♪

Hindi ko talaga kayang wag maiyak. Punas ako ng punas ng luha ko. Nakangiti naman si Kodi na tiningnan ako.

Kung tutuusin, pitong taon kami nagmahalan ni Kodi. Hindi nawala, at mas lalo lang grumabe. God knows how happy am I. Walang katumbas ang saya na nararamdaman ko ngayon. This is so  priceless.

Parang masusugatan na ang labi ko sa kakagat nito habang nagsasabi si Kodi ng vow niya at nakailang punas na rin ako ng luha. 

"We've been through a lot. We overcame challenges. We got lost. We broke each other too. And now we made it. Since I was eyeing on you, I always think of getting married at you. I don't know what potion I drank that I am so in love with you. I am scared every morning to wake up. I am scared that everytime I cup the bed you're not beside me. I am scared, Cha. I am scared that you might leave me again. I am scared of what will happen to us and only God knows how many prayers I've said about you not leaving me again..." pinunasan naman ni Kodi ang nangigilid niyang luha. Others are wiping their tears too! They witnessed what happened. They know what we've been through.

"Being in love with you for seven years  are the best years of my life. Everyday, when I woke up, you're the blessing I thank for. Everynight before I sleep, you're still the blessing I am praying not to lose. I don't want to wake up with heavy heart and you're out of my life. I will be lifeless if you will go again, babe.... After seven years... You are now legally mine. You are now my Farrell. You are now my wife. And you have no way to escape again... Never again... Thank you because you made my greatest dream come true. And you don't need to wait for the weekend because now, I am going home to you... And I want you to know that you are my home until forever... Until infinity, Charis." people clapped their hands. At kapag pwede na ay gusto ko na yakapin si Kodi.

Until infinity runs out, Kodi. I love you.