BONUS #4

A/N: this is the last one!!! I'm gonna cry I love this story!! And this is trash sorry:(

Tears threat to fall from my eyes as I sit in front of Dawn's doctor. Grant sits next to me; I can almost feel his resentment towards me. How did I end up here?

"Mr and mrs. Gustin, I have some good and bad news. Which would you like first?"

"Bad," Grant says immediately, not giving me a chance to respond.

"Well your daughter is going to have to take some time off of Broadway. But the good news is she's okay. And as we can tell so far, she will always be okay."

"What do you mean?"

"Dawn isn't going to get cancer. She doesn't have the gene that Marybeth has."

I breathe a visible sigh of relief but Grant is still rigid.

"Why did she collapse?" He asks.

"Dehydration," says the doctor. "She's working too hard."

Grant chuckles. "That's Dawny."

My husband looks at me with a sad smile. I nod slowly.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you sweetheart," he says with obvious guilt in his voice.

"It's okay. So is our daughter, okay."

****

"Hey Dawny," I say as we enter her hospital room.

"Hey momma," she says.

"Don't worry, you won't be in here long. Just one night," Grant tells her.

"But you are going to take an short break from the stage baby," I tell her. She protests but then gives up when I give her my mom stare.

"Maybe you can try on screen acting like me," Grant says.

"Yeah nope," she says.

I laugh and look over at my Cupcake. We're going to be just fine.