22.

I stand weakly in front of a window, looking at the new born baby on the other side. Tubes crowed her tiny body.

Grant holds me up for I am unable to support the weight of my heart anymore. She looks so small and frail, like she could break at one touch.

"Can we go in?" Grant asks the doctor quietly.

"Of course," he says. "I know she looks pallid but she is actually in great condition considering how premature she is. She's healing fast. I've never seen anything like this before. She's a fighter."

"Just like her mom," Grant says smiling.

We walk into the dim, pale pink room. I stand over the tiny human that lay quietly below me. I hold out my pinky and slip it into her miniscule palm.

"Wow," Grant says shocked. "She's gorgeous."

"Hey baby," I whisper, a tear rolling down my cheek. I let out a small chuckle, feeling like I'm on top of the world. "I'm your mama."

Grant kisses my forehead. I continue to speak to my sleeping child. "This is your dada."

"We're going to have some incredible stories for her," Grant whispers.

"Dawn," I say smiling. "We can name her Dawn- but not because it's a comic book character but because it's a nice name.'

Grant nods calmly but I can see the little fist pump that he does when he thinks I'm not looking. He pulls me in closer and I rest my head on his shoulder. Exhausted I trudge back to my hospital room.

****

"Hey hot mama," Candice says walking into my hospital room. She is followed by the rest of my amazing co-workers. Dawn lays in my arms, her wide blue eyes smiling up at me.

"Hey girl," I say. It's been two weeks since Dawn was born and I haven't seen a face that hasn't been her's or Grant's. She picks up Dawn and I gladly get up and out of bed. My leggings and sweatshirt isn't the most flattering outfit in the world but I've looked worse.

"Woah woah," Grant says. "You don't need to get out of bed it's fine."

I roll my eyes at his overprotective stature. "Cupcake," I say snarkily. "I'm fine."

"Where's my granddaughter," Tom says. I laugh at his hypocrisy. He is always telling us that he isn't old but he just called himself a grandfather. He walks over to Candice and removes Dawn from her arms.

"How are you honey," Dani says hugging me.

"I'm going stir crazy. I can't leave the floor and the only people I see is Baby Dawn and Grant. Tyler and his dad came by last week but other than that I am isolated," I drop my voice down to a whisper, "save me."

Danielle laughs. I glance over at Grant and Candice gooing over Dawn. I smile lightly.

"Kayce," I whisper to my best friend. She raises her eyebrows. "Do you think that it's time maybe for Dawn Allen to time travel? I think she needs to meet her dad."

"Marybeth Gustin, you are a genius."

"I know," I smirk.

"I miss you at work, when will you be back?"

"Next week I hope. Dawn's doctor said that she is almost as healthy as a baby born at forty weeks."

"Wow, how is that even possible?"

"They say it happens," I respond. "One in like a million or something, I'm not really sure."

"That's amazing," Kay says astonished.

"Yeah it really is," I marvel.

****

A/N: Is this bad I actually can't tell anymore. I'm in a funk guys, literally I'm watching Grey's Anatomy in sweatpants, eating fries from Mcdonalds.

Anyways PLEASE VOTE!