BONUS #2

The hectic morning and the crisp air are a perfect combination for disaster. I throw an apple, a granola bar, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich inside of Dawn's pale pink lunch box and then run over to get her shoes on for her. I tie up her sparkling laces then hand the five year old her lunch.

Grant rushes in from our room, his tie lose around his neck. He hands me my bag and then scoops up Dawn in his arms.

"Let's go little love bug," he says twirling her around. We walk out the door and get into the car and drive towards the CW's studios. Since the Flash ended last month, after it's nine season run, both Grant and I have been looking for a new job.a job that doesn't require us packing up and moving to Los Angeles or New York or something.

I wrote a screen play that I submitted to The CW last month and they accepted it so now we are going to the casting call and hopefully, if we're lucky, Grant will land a role.

"Okay so we drop Dawny off at preschool first and Candice said that she would pick her up because we will still be at the studios."

"Sounds like a plan," Grant says turning a corner. "Hey did you hear if Candice landed that role in Speilburg's new movie?"

"Yeah she didn't get it," I say sadly. "Oh before I forget, Tom wants to take Dawn to LA for the weekend."

Grant shakes his head. "No way. She's five years old! She can't be away from us that long, right Dawny?"

I turn around to see my little girl in the back seat smiling. "I want to see papa Tom!"

"Listen to her Grant," I whine. "She wants to see her grandpa."

Grant doesn't answer. He just taps his fingers nervously on the steering wheel. I look at him with curiosity. "What's wrong Cupcake?"

"It's nothing," he says without looking at me. 

"Thomas Grant Gustin I did not survive a brain tumor and marry you just to have you lie to me," I tell him sternly. 

"I'm not lying, I'm just not telling you what is wrong."

"That's still lying. It's called lying by omission."

"Fine," he pouts. "It's just that, if I don't land this role then I'm going to have to move to LA."

"What?"

"I need a job Mare!"

"Why? I have a job?"

"And I am very glad and appreciative of your job but we have a five year old daughter and your income alone isn't going to be enough for our family."

"You'll get the role honey," I assure. "I wrote the part for you."

"Yeah well I'm not playing superhero either way," he pouts. 

"Daddy," says Dawn from the back seat. "I thought you were a superhero."

"Daddy is a super hero baby," I tell her. "He's my superhero."

****

A/N: Oh My! We are at 2K! Thanks so much! Also last night's episode of The Flash gave me serious stress. 

Also, also, if you liked this book and you like my style of writing please feel free to read my Flash Fanfic "Suddenly Super"! It's not as good as it's sequel "Not So Super" but it's still one of my favorites.