6

"Thank you so much for a lovely evening, we'll see you again next week." I smile at Shan as we all say our goodbyes. The kids are always a nightmare at this time of the day because they don't want to leave.

"Can I stay mummy please please." Chloe begs. She normally sleeps over at the weekends but tonight it's a school night and she knows there's no point asking.

"Chloe you know it's a school night. You can stay at the weekend I'm sure. Come on let's go missy." I tell her as she's pouting and giving me her butter wouldn't melt eyes.

"Yeah you can stay Saturday night." Shan agrees.

"See, now come on." I say, holding my hand out for her to take. Justin already has Leo in the car and he's ready to head off.

"See you soon." I wave at Shan as we walk toward the car. I put Chloe in her seat, buckle her up and then get into the passenger seat. Justin kisses me quickly before we head off down the road.

As we approach our street I spot someone standing on our doorstep. It's a blonde girl and I can't quite work out what's in her hand, it looks like a basket or something. I look at Justin and he gives me a puzzled look in return. "You get the kids, I'll go see who it is." I tell Justin as I get out the car.

"Can I help you?" I ask as I approach the woman. She turns around and what she has in her hand becomes clear.

It's a baby.