23

"So how was your day beautiful?" Justin asks as we're cuddled up on the sofa watching tv. The kids are finally asleep and the house is oddly quiet.

"It was good, but I've been worried about you , what's going on?" I sit up so I can face him properly. "One minuets you're clearly off, and the next you're acting like everything is fine, when I can see that it's not fine at all."

"Why would anything be up?" He looks away from my gaze.

"Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"Look away from me, I know you're always lying when you do that. Please just talk to me, I'm supposed to be the one you can talk to about anything, you would want me to tell you if it was the other way around." I sigh dramatically.

"I'm not sure I would." He mumbles.

"What?" I grimace. "Whatever it is Justin we can face it together, as a family!"

He signs and turns to face me properly on the sofa, taking my hand in his. "Remember that girl who turned up the other week with a baby In her arms, claiming it's mine?" My stomach drops as I nod. "Well she's not giving up, she's still claiming it's mine and she's got her baby scan out and everything, scooter told me when I saw him last, and he's worried becuase there's pictures of us two at a bar together , the night she claims to have conceived the baby. The dates and maths adds up and it looks so real."

"But you didn't sleep with her, so how can it be?" I ask, shakily moving my hand away from him grip.

"That's the thing, I don't remember that night at all. I didn't even remember meeting her." He looks down in disgust, at himself or at her, I don't know anymore I can't tell.

"What are you saying Justin?"

"I'm saying - god i don't know what I'm saying" he jumps up and starts pacing the room, but I can't focus on anything but the pain in my chest as I lay back in the chair and close my eyes.

This cannot be happening.