Chapter 17

Once I was alone I took stock of how I felt. I didn't feel too different, to be honest. Okay, I was no longer tired. I was wide awake for a change. I hadn't been this awake since before... and now that I was fully conscious of myself and my body I felt the power flowing through me. Not just from what the fates did, but also from the power the gods gave me. I had never felt it like this before. There was still something strange though. It felt like my full self wasn't there. Like bits of me were all over the place. I felt the mortal soldiers, heroes, fighting in wars. I felt as one died and another took his place. I felt the bravery everyone had and knew I had the power to give more to them or take it away. I felt the sea, mine and my father's domain, moving and changing. I felt the earth and knew I could cause it to shake and kill everyone. I felt time moving around me and knew I could stop it or speed it up. I felt so much power but it was being suppressed, and that's when I remembered everything I knew about gods. They had to suppress themselves to avoid killing everyone, and they could be in more than one place at a time. I needed to visit Olympus, find out how to use my... godly powers. I had a feeling I already knew how to do everything else. But I needed to be taught how to be a god. It was then that I realised I was glowing. That I was pulling the bits of me that were everywhere together so I could think better. Once I realised this, I let it go. I did not want to kill everyone. I decided I needed to tell the others. I walked towards the door and opened it finding Bruce standing outside. 

"Hey, you're probably wondering what on earth that was," I said looking Bruce in the eye to see if he actually believed what had happened. I could see he didn't.

"Well considering what I saw, yes, but I also think the others need some kind of explanation too." He said with a strange look. I nodded and followed him to the living room where everyone, including Thor, happened to be. 

"So, what's this about Bruce?" Tony said. He looked both concerned and annoyed. As if he wanted to know if there was anything wrong with me, but was kind of annoyed at the timing. Bruce didn't reply only looked at me but before I could start, Thor stood up and walked over. I could tell what he was about to do. It was the same sort of awed look he had on his face the first time we met, when he knelt in front of me. He was a god, he could see and feel the difference in me. I knew he could sense exactly what had happened.

"No Thor don't," I said. I hated the kneeling and bowing. As he walked over Thor started to explain exactly what and why he was doing it. 

"Perseus Jackson. It is something that must be done and will be done by all the gods, excluding the Big Three. Just like at your camp when they found out who you were, and just in general because of your power now. They knelt..." Thor said, "I recognise and accept you, Lord Perseus, as kin, as a fellow god. I honour what you stand for and thus I offer you my hammer and will be privileged to fight by your side." He looked up at me expectantly. 

"I accept your hammer and your recognition. I too accept you, Thor god of thunder, and all you stand for and will fight by your side as long as you fight by mine. It is both an honour and a privileged brother." I said. Yeah, yeah, I know. That sounds nothing like me. I'm actually accepting and giving respect. It's not like I had a choice and in all honesty, I have no idea where that speech came from. I just knew exactly what to say. Thor stood up with a smile and pulled me into a rib-cracking hug, not that he could crack my ribs anymore, and I hugged him back with the same strength. He clapped me on the back as we pulled apart then took a step back. 

"I must inform my father of your godly status and update our scholars on all that has happened," Thor said beaming before flashing out. I breathed a sigh of relief. One less person in the room. I looked to the others who's expressions ranged from confused, to shock, to disbelief.

"Great time for another explanation," I said before launching into the story.

                                                                             ***