Chapter 21

“Wanna dance?” I’m taken back by Harry placing his hand on top of mine, whispering with his usual deep toned voice into my ear, sending shivers down my spine. He insisted on pulling me to the middle of the dance floor. I was still so unsure about my feelings on him. We were friends, then I hated him for a bit, that was always fun. Honestly, I think I hated him because I didn’t want to admit any sort of feelings. I wasn’t in the place for a relationship. Of course I’ve had been with guys before, however, every single one of them cheated on me, or left me for someone better. I had just accepted that there was something wrong with me and had given up relationships in the process. Maybe I was afraid to get too close to Harry because I didn’t want him to have the power to leave me.

I could faintly hear the sound of One Direction playing in the background as Harry and I swayed to the beat. I was too lost in Harry’s eyes to make sense of anything else. His very tight black pants and stunning black jacket had me shaking and I was holding onto him for dear life. He was also sporting a bow tie, and I was tempted to tease him about it.

I could feel his hands circling on my back, and I was still struggling to keep my distance from him.

He leans in a bit, “You liking the party so far?”

I stare him dead in the eye, choosing my words carefully, “I’ve only been here five minutes, but I know it’s going to be a good night.” I decide to just let go and see where it takes me. I finally have the nerve to run my fingers through his hair and at first I can tell he hates it, but then his face lightens up, and I can tell he’s turned on by it.

He gives a shy smile, “Yeah? Why do you think so?”

I don’t know where Harry’s going to lead me, but for some reason in this moment I don’t care. In this moment I decide to swallow all my insecurities and just let myself be vulnerable. I know taking a chance could end horribly, like it often has, but in this moment I’m willing to forget my past.  “Because I’m with you,” I say confidently. I’m scared to what his response will be, but I know for a fact that he likes me. I can feel it.

Soon the entire room seemed to disappear, and all I could focus on were his lips. When he had first kissed me, it was a good kiss. I mean, it was probably the best kiss I’ve ever had, from the worst boy I’ve ever met. But right now, I wanted his lips on mine. I wanted my heart to skip a beat like it did the first time. I wanted to be infatuated with him just one more time.

He moved closer to me until there was barely any room between us, but I kept tugging on him wishing he could be closer. He rests his forehead on mine and my hands flutter a bit on the back of his neck. I was nervous as hell, and I couldn’t move. I just wanted to kiss him.

He moved in closer to me, so I could feel his breath on my lips. I can feel my cheeks burning red, just waiting for him to kiss me. Then his lips crashed onto mine and sparks were flying. His hands move sexily against my back, pulling me closer and closer. I tug at his shoulders, wishing I could live in this moment forever. The music in the background amplified, ringing in my ears and I easily recognized Harry’s deep voice. As much as Harry annoyed me, no one’s ever made me feel this electrified. I guess that’s why I liked him so much. I don’t like all the sappy love stuff, if you’re fighting and you still manage to move past it, that’s love. I knew the kiss was coming to an end and Harry pulls away. He quickly places two more quick pecks upon my lips and I could feel him pull my body against his again. I place my head against Harry’s chest and I notice someone in a tight button down denim shirt jumping around and pointing at the spot where Harry’s and I were dancing. My eyes go into better focus and I realize that it’s Louis basically fangirling at us. I laugh against Harry’s chest, flipping Lou off.

Harry and I stayed together, swaying to the sound of his band for what felt like hours. We stayed in complete silence, just enjoying each other’s company, but eventually I can hear him humming against my shoulder, soon turning into words.