Chapter 34

I quickly walk around the set, making sure everything was in place for the next episode. Even though I was only there to edit scripts, I often volunteered to help with other things. I was basically an assistant to anyone who was on set that day. I loved the atmosphere of being in the studio for Doctor Who, and the people who worked on it were even more amazing. I’ve met with the head writer, Moffat, several times now and he even said he personally liked my work. How surreal is that? I’m not going to even deny my fangirl moment when I met Peter Capaldi, the next Doctor.

I was rushing around even more now, trying to get out of the office to meet up with Ava for lunch. We agreed to go to this small Italian restaurant because she texted me this morning saying she was craving pizza.

I walk out onto the streets, clutch in hand and sunglasses on as I try to avoid getting noticed by anyone. Occasionally some of Harry’s fans would spot me and try to take pictures with me, but I managed to stay out of the tabloids as much as someone could for dating a famous celebrity and working at the BBC One station.

I arrive at the italian restaurant, Valentino’s, to find Ava already sitting waiting for me. Her blue hair is vibrant as ever and it contrasts nicely with her brown eyes and pale skin. She wears a black tank top with high waisted aztec styled shorts to make her look taller than she actually is.

“It’s good to see you again!” I say as I sit down across from her.

“I didn’t think we’d be seeing each other again so soon,” She says with a smirk.

“I know right! You seem pretty confident that we would be seeing each other again…”

She gives me a devilious stare, “Figured I’d see you and your boyfriend in the shop again sooner than later.” She says while the waiter brings us glasses of water.

“Why’d you think that?” I say, bringing the cooling drink to my lips.

“You said you come in and getting match tattoos.. again.. for when you’re married.” The water that was just passing my lips gets instantly spit out again, hitting the waiter beside me.

“I’m so sorry, oh my god I didn’t mean to do that! Let me help you!” I stammer out while trying to clean off the man’s shirt with my napkin. Ava just watches me in amusement, stifling a laugh the whole time.

“That was proper hilarious.” She says in her thick British accent.

I throw my hands up in defense, “We will not be getting married anytime soon.” I state quickly in a hushed tone. I was beginning to draw too much attention to myself and I was getting anxious.

“But you want to don’t you?” She says with a look in her eyes like she can see right through me.

I just smile and look away. We both break out into laughter, both knowing what the answer to that question was. “Anyways… enough about my relationship, how about you? Boy friend? Girl friend?” I ask her.

She tries to smiles at me and this time I can see right through her. She tries to look happy while the words spill out of her mouth, but I can tell how heart broken she still is. “My girlfriend just broke up with me, a couple weeks ago, unfortunately.”

“That really sucks, I’m sorry. Why?”

“She thought I was in love with my roommate, Matt. It was completely stupid and she always accused me of it.”

“Well are you in love with Matt?”

“Gross no, he’s like my brother. I’m too into girls for that shit.” She exclaims.

Ava kept talking and I watched as her lips moved, trying to keep up with the the conversation but my thoughts kept bringing me back to what she said about being married. We weren’t close to being married, he was still in the biggest band in the world, and well, I have my life here. We weren’t ready for that big commitment right now. Was that even a possibility in our future?