Chapter Fifty Four

Chapter Fifty Four

Verified and Unverified Linkage

--

Nanatili akong nakatutok sa file na 'yon. How can this person exactly help me with my situation? All I can do is that stare at pictures and reread the documents. Walang pinagkaiba, parehong-pareho sila.

Gabriel Portman

Who are you?

The man seemed to stare at me, to mock me even more. His deep blue eyes was cold and menacing. His grin seemed to be sarcastic in the pictures. He lookes like a fine man. His hair was always brushed up and tidy, not a single speck of facial hair was seen. Gabriel stood proudly whenever someone takes a picture of him. He looks so fond of wearing tuxedos on a daily basis too. Ilan lang ito sa mga na-obserbahan ko.

I scrolled down some more, looking through the pictures to see of there's anything that Gabriel Portman has to show other than his wealth. May nakita rin akong litrato kung saan nadoon si Dad. It solely proves that they had some kind of an alliance before. His business was bankrupt as the timeline ages. It had headline news pictures from his controversial news articles.

His attention-seeking self was still evident the day I visited his vacation house back in Miami. Someone must be so angry with him. He was stabbed on the chest with the knife still stabbed on. His head was chopped too, still with his menacing smile plastered. He died in his tuxedo, swimming on his bed full of blood and paper bills. I remember staring at his chopped head in disappointment. May naka-una kasi sa'kin.

I stared at Kaspar's laptop. I sneakily got it from his bag, he was even too tired to even notice. Gabriel Portman was in my Dad's list, he must be connected to Sara Portman. Hindi lang din siya, pati na rin kay Sora. Gabriel looked like Sora and I am not even joking. They have the same blue peircing eyes. Aasa na naman ba ako? There is no trace of Sora Portman now, magaling siya magtago at manahimik—ironic for a noisy bitch she is. There was no doubt that she's a great assassin. Hindi mo alam kung kailan siya aatake.

Sora is crossed out from the list. If I need to find her, I have to find Hephaestus first and that is what I don't know which leads me to finding this Sara Portman. She must've known something. Dalawang Portman ang nakalagay sa listahan ni Dad and that doesn't justify whether or not they are related, I only got Sara's name.

This isn't my forte. I know I needed help in finding these things. I have no idea in analyzing these confusing things and it's making me stupid. I know I can always call on Kaspar but he is already in enough trouble. I didn't want to bother his good night's sleep.

Ah, you can't do this alone.

I laughed to myself.

Can I be selfish again?

Can I be true to myself?

I needed him. He offered himself to me. I can use the offer dahil kinakailangan ko naman ito.

And maybe, just maybe, I could get to stay away from him after. I know I promised. I know I'm gonna hurt him again. But I can't even stand knowing I can lose him anytime from the hands of someone I loathe too much. It's better that I, myself, lose him.

"I won't leave you. Never. Dito lang ako. Dito lang ako sa tabi mo..."

A bitter smile forms against my lips. Turns out I can't promise that to you Kas.

Hate me now.

-----

Celeste's smile formed widely across her face as she twirls around to flaunt her new uniform. The green, red, and gold checkered jumper uniform suited her frame. She asked me if I could do her hair and I tied it up in a fishtail. She seemed happy about her first day of school. "I hope I can bring Fem and Ira with me. I missed them." she pouted.