Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Second Attempt

--

"Kumain ka na ba?"

I shook my head.

"So kakain ka pa?"

I shook my head again.

Marami akong iniisip kaya hindi ako nakaramdam ng gutom. At ayoko pa'ng kumain. Kaspar arrived here a minute ago and rhe first thing he did was shove food on me.

"Ayaw mo ng adobo ko?" Kaspar sounded disheartened.

My mood immediately lits up. I couldn't say no to Kaspar if he's making big efforts like these. And to top that, masarap ang adobo niya at hindi na ako makakahindi no'n. I rolled my eyes at him and smiled. "Fine. You win this one."

"Love mo talaga ako."

"Kapal."

He handed me over the tupperware where he had put his dish in. Agad akong kumuha ng plato at kubyertos. The mere smell of his adobo invades my senses. Ang sinabi ko kaninang hindi ako nagugutom ay nawala. I didn't like hospital food that's why I skipped a meal. My stomach growled in hunger that I quickly digged down to get rice and eat his adobo. Ninamnam ko iyon dahil matagal-tagal na ring hindi nakapagluto si Kaspar sa'min. Lately he had been busy and appreciate him so much as he still took care of both Celeste and I in the middle of his work. And he can cook well.

Kaspar never fail to amuse me anyway.

"Baka matunaw ako." pang-aasar niya. Agad ko naman tinanggal ang tingin sakaniya.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes again. "I was just wondering why part of you is an asshole when you have full potential."

A husband material, I wanted to add but I refrained myself. It's inappropriate anyway. Kaspar... is just a brother to me.

He frowns. "Was that supposed to be an insult or a compliment?"

I just laughed at him. I always give him a mouthful about his womanizing ways, out of habit. Dahil no'ng nagsimula na kaming manirahan ni Celeste sa poder niya, kaliwa't-kanan din ang mga babae niya. I always had to warn him because Celeste might think playing with emotions is okay and that he needed to regulate his hormones.

If I have to be honest, he's one of the sweetest guys I ever met. I agree with Celeste though, worth it naman na tawagin siyang 'daddy'. Kaspar deserved the title because he had been a great father fugure to Celeste. Siya ang tumulong sa'kin no'ng mga araw na nangangailangan ako. He fathered Celeste through the years and I couldn't be more thankful.

I couldn't say if he's handsome kasi hindi ko naman talaga alam kung ano ang definition ng gwapo na hinahanap ng karamihan. But I could describe him. He had well-built muscles because, he had to, he's a cop. Makakapal ang kilay niya. Matataas ang pilik-mata, matangos naman ang ilong, had sharp jawlines—but he isn't really that perfect. The little things I love was his past acne scars and his crooked tooth. He has an unruly brown hair—but I guess that attracts his females more.

He may be a heartbreaker to some but I am thankful na hindi niya kami binastos ni Celeste. He still had the decency to bed his women in a love hotel, thank god, but that was my rule. If I catch him red handed with a woman naked, I'm seriously gonna cut his throat and his company. Maybe let the woman go, she's a victim of false hope after all.

"Lalim ng iniisip natin a?" Kaspar broke the silence. His face was in front of mine kaya marahan ko siyang tinulak.

"I've been thinking things." I replied.