Chapter Seventy

Chapter Seventy

Aphrodite: End
Extra (Long) Chapter

--

I wasn't allowed to neither watch nor go. Pero wala silang karapatan para diktahan ako. I was the boss of my own. It was my very own freewill to come and watch everything fall into my very own eyes.

There wasn't any sound but the cackle of fire and loud thuds of bodies being disposed in the pit. The bratva cleaners were everywhere, going back and forth to cover the massacre they created in just one night. A week had already passed and everything wasn't clean yet. It was even more destructed when the final bomb blew off which explained even more cleaning than they should have. The place smelled burnt wood and flesh, an unpleasant smell indeed. The strong wind of the mountains brought the smell everywhere. I had to cover my nose to block it out, bringing with me a mask. I didn't get to see cleaners do their job and by the looks of it, it took a lot of work.

I didn't come here to watch them clean. I was looking for someone.

Sarena Derevyanko wasn't burned yet.

"Venus," Kaspar nudged me. I turned my head to look behind me, where he stood. Doon ko nakita ang bangkay na pinahanap ko at papunta sila sa'kin. Two men had carried her to me and brought her finally in front of me. I leaned over my wheelchair to look at her. Still, she was unrecognizable but I knew how Sarena, my mechekha, look more than anyone. Her timeless beauty was gone as it was now littered with bullets Diana had planted them on, dirt, rotten flesh, and flies. She looked horrible, different from the Sarena Derevyanko I used to see. Huh. Her outside beauty didn't matter, she looks just as rotten inside. I frowned.

"Diana got her good." I heard Kaspar mumble to himself. "Hindi ko inaasahan ang pagtatakwil niya."

Ako rin.

The two men that was carrying her didn't even get any orders from me that after I observed her rotting body, they turned on their heels and proceeded to burn her body.

"Wait!" I halted them. I motioned Kaspar to move me forward and he obliged,  pushing my wheelchair forward.

Nang makalapit na kami ay kinuha ko ang mga bulaklak na kanina ko pa tinatago. I pulled it out on my side. Gulat naman sila sa nakita nila. I knew they knew that mechekha was the traitor. She was a factor of my parents's death. She was an accomplice of the Casamayors for so long at ngayon lamang nila nalaman. It was big news. Kalat ito lalo na sa grupo ng Arturo... after all she was one of the most trusted women of Viktor Yevtushenko... only to find out she was a traitor. They might be wondering how the daughter of Viktor would bring flowers to a traitor like her.

I placed the flowers on the top of her chest. I brought her lilies because I knew she loved picking lilies with Mom in our garden.

She didn't like the flowers though, she once told me. But she loved how my mother looked happy picking them so she loved picking them too.

How fake.

I gave her flowers because I wanted to thank her. Huwag lang muna natin tignan ang katrayduran niya. Gusto kong magpasalamat sakaniya dahil lagi siyang nandiyan sa mga panahon na kailangan ko ng karamay. I don't know if she was sincere but insincere or not, it worked on me. Her mockery had made me happy in most times that I needed to smile. Even if it was false, I still had to thank her.

"Go." I ordered the men.

I wanted to give her flowers, the lilies, as her shameful reminder of her dishonesty and disloyalty. I wanted her to burn with the lilies as she travel on to the pits of hell. I wouldn't lie, anger quickly rose when I finally got to know how she deceived us all. Simula no'ng tinanggap niya ang perang inihandog ni Martin para mag-isipiya sa pamilya ko hanggang sa pag-sabotahe niya sa safe house. She was selfish and greedy... and I should've known.