Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

Leave me alone

--

While I was busy preparing myself, Celeste barged into my room. I smiled at her through the mirror. "You're up early."

Completely ignoring my statement, she greeted me. "Good morning Mom."

"Good morning." I greeted back. "Can you plug the wire, sweetie? I've gotta dry my hair fast."

She nodded and obliged. I turned the blowdrier into max and dried my damp hair. It took me about five minutes to do that. I set it off as soon as I'm done. Nasa kama ko pa rin si Celeste, naka-upo at nakatingin sa'kin. I got my make-up kit and applied a little foundation. I noticed Celeste's eyes never left at my figure. Crap, now she looks like Lucian. I eyed her through the mirror. "Okay Celeste, what do you want?"

She smiled sweetly. "Nothing. I just wanted to say you're pretty."

I laughed. "Thank you." Ngumiwi ako. "But what is it this time? Alam ko 'yang tingin mo."

She hesitated for a moment. "Well..." she cupped her hands together. "I saw your picture with your sister and tito Marquis together..."

Natigilan ako sa sinabi niya.

I gulped.

"What did you just say?" I put down my eyeliner and looked her directly.

"Well... I visited tito Marquis's apartment yesterday, with ate Sammy. Tito Marquis was sleeping so I didn't bother asking him about snooping. Mom! I swear, hindi ko na gagawin ulit!" She started. "Pumunta ako sa kwarto niya while he was snoozing away. May nakita ako sa shelves and it looks like a photo album. So kinuha ko 'yon and flipped through the pages and then I saw the picture... with you in your tutu."

Lumapit ako sakaniya. "May alam ka pa ba?" I asked nervously. I mean, who knows? Maybe there's a breadcrumb trail in there. What if she knew? What if she ask? Ano na naman ba ang gagawin ko? Pumunta ako sa gawi niya. I sat down at my bed, with in her side and looked at her intently. "Anything?" I asked desperately.

Celeste also looked at me with the same intensity. "I woke up tito Marquis and asked about the picture. I asked if you were twins because you looked much alike. Tapos sabi niya ate mo raw si tita Diana. So I figured, I wanna meet her Mommy. I wanna know her. You never talk about about her."

Napakagat ako sa labi ko.

"Reasons. I'll tell you Venus, kapag hindi niya alam 'to, kapag patatagalin mo pa 'to, mas magagalit siya sa'yo."

Naalala ko ang sinabi ni Marquis sa'kin. He had a point. He was right. Pero kahit gaano man siya ka-tama, he was never in my shoes. He might have hid dozens of deadly secrets pero hindi 'yon mapapantay sa sikretong dala-dala ko. It's more dangerous than a bomb. If Celeste will know, I know it will change her. And I don't want to taint that innocence... yet. Hindi pa siya masyadong namulat. She still doesn't know that the world she thought would have rainbows gave darkness instead. The world is a cruel place, always had been.

Pero hindi ko rin dapat ipagkait sakaniya ang ina niya. Diana sacrificed a lot more than I do. Besides, she needs to know her somehow.

I'll talk about her little by little.

Even though it's easier said than done.

"Well, I can only tell you about her though." I said. Tumango lang siya sa'kin. I sighed before continuing. "She was always been the best. She's has always been the favorite. She can almost do anything, of course, she's Diana. She can sing, dance, draw, play the piano, play the violin. She's..." good at combat than me, I almost added. "She's very smart too. She's beautiful, she was almost perfect. Everybody loved her and some was envious at her, including me. Pero kahit ganoon man ang tingin ng mga tao sakaniya, that she's perfect, she remained humble."