Chapter Forty Six

Chapter Forty Six

Who is Sara Portman? : The Search (II)

--

"I know someone." Kaspar speaks up.

I busied myself. Gave myself a little pampering. The photoshoot will commence not until three o' clock in the afternoon. I was a bit preoccupied but Kaspar's statement sparked my attention. While I was busy fixing my hair, I gave him an ear. "Who?"

He was tapping at his keyboard before he continues. "Someone who can forge me a search warrant."

"*Vy iz vashego mneniya?!" Shocked, I almost burned myself using my curling iron. I looked at him with disbelief. "Tell me you won't do that, you beast! Matatanggalan ka ng trabaho sa ginagawa mo!" Parangal ko sakaniya pero hindi siya nakikinig. It's like my taunting words flew past his ears, ignored. I put down my curler with such force. Naiinis ako sakaniya. This is not right. "Millenium publishing can sue you one way or another, Kas. Don't you think on fooling them."

"You fool others," he countered. "You even killed the seventh richest man on earth, with oh-so strong security personnels."

I sighed. "I'm different. Yours is a whole new level. You're a cop. You sweared to commit the rules set by the government." Umiling-iling ako. I started to apply my eyeliner. "I swear Kaspar, don't do it. You're just going to harm yourself and your name."

"We both lied. We both broke the rules. What's the difference?" He replied. "Wala na akong pake Venus. I'll do anything for you and Celeste. Para ano lang naman 'yong pagtatrabaho ko? For me to survive this shitty place? Kayo nalang ang natitira sa'kin but in the later years, you'd be in someone else's arms. I wouldn't be there for you. So as much as possible, as early as possible, I offer my all to you."

"I am not your god where you could offer yourself like a sacrificial lamb. You are a brother to me, nasasaktan din ako sa mga ginagawa mong sakripisyo para sa'kin." I said. "I am capable of doing these things myself. You've done enough. Today I'm going to talk to Stacey Chung and see if she knew Sara Portman. And after that, kung wala rin siyang alam, we could think of something else."

Tumayo na siya sa kinauupan niya. He moved close to me and held my hand that was holding the eyeliner. He gently put it down on my table. He cupped my face and made me look into his deep black orbs. I know he wants to fight me. He wants me to do what he wants, but I'm still much more stubborn. I'll stick to what I planned and nothing could stop me... not even his gaze almost melts me on the spot. I pried his handa off my face and got the eyeliner back, but he harshly grabbed it from me and put it back to where it belong. "Maganda ka na. 'Wag na nang pasobrahin." He whined.

I felt my cheeks burn. Minsanan lang ako nakakatanggap ng compliment galing kay Kaspar. It was so unlikely of him. Before he could sense my bashful face, I put up a I-don't-care facade. "**Blagodarju vas..." I said, a little to formal.

"Why are you speaking to me in another tongue?" He asks, annoyed. "Nakakabobo."

I looked at him from the mirror, grinning. "***Odnogo jazyka nikogda nedostatočno."

"If you don't do your job right today, I'm going to speak Japanese to you the whole day. I will use my skills on you, understand?" He says.

I just nodded and laughed heartily. At least we made the atmosphere a little light.

-----

I was busy designing the cake. My co-workers were also busy doing what I asked them to do. At this point, I need to work as fast and accurate as I can. The cakes should be done today, if not, tomorrow is my only shot. I don't want any distractions from anybody. But I stand corrected. Once the shutter clicked, I got completely out if focus. Not of the camera but the man whose actually holding the camera.