Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five

Another

--

Celeste was burning with fever. Nilayo ko kaagad ang kamay ko sa leeg niya at niyakap siya ng mahigpit. Oh God, my baby. Diana's baby. "M-Mom? Nandito ka na..." her voice was a little cracked. She squinted her eyes open. "You d-didn't even say anything..."

I hugged her tighter. "Of course I'd be here with you." I said kissing her hair over and over again. "Maalagaan na kita. And I miss you so much. I'm sorry if I don't have any pasalubong. Something happened--" I tried my best not to cry. It's just that everytime she's sick, she looks to fragile that I might break her. "I promise I'll bring some next time. What do you want at the moment?"

"Nothing. I just want you beside me. I missed you, Mom." She says as her voice cracks. I hushed her. She's straining herself too much that it hurt me more than she's hurting me right now. I continued to run my fingers through her soft silky hair until she fell into deep slumber again. I feel so guilty. Sana pala ay hindi ako pumunta sa Milan.

Gustuhin ko man manatili sa tabi ni Celeste but there are still certain things that I needed to discuss with Marquis. He left the room awhile ago to give Celeste and I privacy. I went outside Celeste's room only find out Marquis's troubled face. Minsanan ko lang siyang nakikitang ganyan. He can't even look me in the eye for two seconds. "Venus..."

From the tone of his voice, I quickly knew what exactly is his thinking right now. "Spare me. It isn't your fault." I said. I sat at the couch. All these drama drained me physically and mentally. "I just want to be numb right now." I say as I rub my eyes in frustration.

Wala akong ibang maisip kundi si Celeste at si Ares. It's as if it was intended to happen on the same timeline just to tire me. I still have my problems with Hephaestus and my plans are still ongoing for him. The plans for saving Diana... everything is just awfully in sync! I feel as if I'm going to boil myself a cauldron of self-pity. Bakit ba nangyayari 'to lahat sa'kin?

My mind is in haywire.

I still feel guilty all of a sudden. I promised Diana na nasa tabi lang ako ni Celeste, but where am I? I'm in Milan, stressing myself, almost forgetting to even video-call Celeste to see if she's fine. I was in Milan enchanted to the fact that I've grown soft for Lucian rather than worrying what's happening here. I'm in Milan and caused more trouble than normal. I haven't took care of Diana's daughter very much, I lost Ares to the wrong hands--how awful could I get?

How many promises should I break?

Damn.

"Alam kong hindi 'to ang tamang panahon para pag-usapan 'to so I'll leave this to you, V." After the long silence, Marquis spoke up. He started to grab his jacket and car keys from the coffee table. "Your training starts within five days. Ikaw na bahala kung anong araw gusto mong magsanay. You are only allowed to come to my office if you have made up your mind. Hindi pwedeng hindi ka pupunta. I'll go now, take care cousin." He says before he left the house.

Sigh.

-----

Celeste's face haven't change since yesterday. She's still pale and sickly. I checked her temperature; she's at 38 degrees. My heart beats a million times that I even can't think straight. Tumataas na tumataas ang lagnat niya. Her appetite is already at it's lowest point na halos ayaw niya nang kumain at matulog na lamang. She sometimes doesn't want to talk to me because it's making her feel pain more. I was giving all my effort to cure her flu faster. Ginawa ko na ang lahat na alam ko but she keeps getting worse and worse.