Chapter Fifty Eight

Chapter Fifty Eight

Heads-Up

--

Before anyone could see us, we quickly got those files. We returned the others inside the safe and closed it shut. We pushed the cabinet again, concealing the wall from anyone. Lumabas na rin kami sa study, hid the key into one of my pockets, and stroded off. Dad has reasons for keeping these files to anyone so we had to hide it. "Venus? Printsessa?"

Kaspar was quick to hide the files into his jacket. Mechekha approached us, a wave of relief etched on her face. "There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you." Lumapit si mechekha sa'kin. She feels my temperature at the back of her hand. "Are you fine? Mainit ka pa rin."

"It's bearable, don't worry." I waved her off. The worry in her eyes faded.

"Hali na kayo, kumain na tayo sa baba." sabi niya. Wala kaming magawa ni Kaspar kung hindi ay sumunod. Inalalayan ako ni kaspar pababa sa hagdan. Although my headache is bearable, this strenuous activity will drain me. Wala pa'ng laman ang tiyan ko at hindi pa ako nakainom ng gamot, I needed to regain my strength as soon as possible.

When we reaches the first floor, the first thing I heard was Celeste's laughter. Come to think of it, hindi ko pa siya nakakausap simula no'ng nagkasakit ako. And I never know what she was doing. Nanggaling ang matinis niyang boses sa west hall kaya pumunta ako roon. "I'll just go get Celeste first." I informed them before I went.

The west hall is where all the leisure time is located. The fireplace, the playroom (where Diana and I used to play around toys), man cave, and whatnot. I'm sure she's enjoying whatever she may be doing. Inisa-isa ko ang mga pinto para tingnan kung nasaan siya. Wala siya sa mga rooms na nabanggit ko kaya ang final guess ay nasa fireplace siya. It's located down the hall.

Tama nga ako at nakita ko siya roon. There were two maids who're guiding her—and they also have the tattoo on their wrists. Hindi ko na pinansin 'yon at lumapit na kay Celeste. She was looking through our photo album. She was by the bear rug, the hearth warm and comforting that's perfect for this chilly weather. "Magandang hapon, binibini." bati ng mga katulong. Tumango ako sakanila bilang sagot. It's afternoon already?

"Pleas give us a moment."

The maids bow their heads and went to leave.

Celeste noticed my presence. She smiled brightly at me and pulled me down so I can sit with her. Ipinatong niya ang photo album sa lap ko. Tiningnan ko ng maigi ang picture na 'yon. It was Diana and I enjoying a cone of ice cream. Well, I remember this very well. It was the first time dad permitted the ice cream vendor to go inside and serve us some ice cream. Sawa na kami sa imported na ice cream no'n kaya masaya kami ni Diana na makatikim ng iba. The sorbetes was very delicious and we were satisfied. "You two look very alike!" Celeste stated.

I nod. We get that alot.

"Tapos tingnan mo po 'to, we have the same dress here!" she stood up and twirled around. It wasn't the same, it was the dress I worn before. Hindi ko alam na buhay pa pala itong dress na 'to. I compared Celeste to my portrait amd smiled. Konting-konti nalang at magagaya na niya ako. "I like this dress. Can I have it?"

I nodded. "Gusto mo ba'ng pareho tayo?" itinuro ko ang picture. "I'll braid your hair like mine."

"Sure!"

I set the photo album aside and let her sit in between my legs. I comber her soft brown hair with my fingers and startes dividing them. I took a glance on the big painting of our family by the fireplace. Magkatabi sila mom at dad habang kami ni Diana ay magkabila. I suddenly like Diana's staring at both of us, like she's watching us over. Iniwas ko na ang tingin ko.