Chapter Thirty Nine

Chapter Thirty Nine

Something missing

--

THIRD PERSON

Diana's grip was tightening around Sora's throat, blocking all possible airways. The sudden revelation fueled her anger more to the assassin. All those times she question every possible men that Hephaestus had about the death of her parents, there was only one culprit. Sora Portman, her hatest enemy since before.

The anger blinded her. Her pointer finger is seconds away from the trigger. Killing isn't new to her either. She had killed exactly seventeen men in her imprisonment with Hephaestus. If she killed seventeen, then she can make it eighteen. Sora deserves to die with a million different reasons. She's a fucking spawn of satan.

She didn't get the chance to pull the trigger when somebody snatched the gun from her small hand. Someone mascular, someone she loathes so much, someone she knows--si Hephaestus. His men ripped her away from Sora. Sora on the other hand starts coughing uncontrollably as she breathes-in oxygen. Diana stood up and glared at Hephaestus's tall and mascular statestique. "Now, now Diana. You don't want to waste your strength strangling Sora. Are you hurt anywhere?" He asks with concern.

"I'm fine." She gritted through her teeth.

"You bitch!" Sora stormed at Diana after she regained her strength. She reached out her hand and grabbed her hair, pulling from the scalp. "How dare you do that to me!"

"You deserve it!" Diana answered back as she also pulled unto Sora's hair.

"Enough!" Hephaestus roared. He punched Sora at her stomach. She quickly sprawled on the ground because of the impact. "How many times do I have tell you never to touch her?" He said. Sora recovered fast from the impact but then again Hephaestus slapped her cheek out of rage. "And you never point a gun at her."

Lumapit si Hephaestus kay Diana. He held her chin lightly as he tries to examine her face for damages. "Are you hurt?" He asks again. But Diana knew better behind that awfully sweet tone. She hated him. She hated him for treating her like a bitch, like an animal, like a toy. He's a monster and she's actually glad her sister, Venus, if going to kill him multitudes of times if they met. And she will, Diana will find a way. Diana spat on his face because of disgust. How dare he touch my face.

Hephaestus wiped Diana's saliva off her face. Ticked off, he slapped Diana but not as hard as what Sora just had. After all, he had to work on taming Diana's untameable self. He took out his handkerchief and wiped it off properly.

"Sir," his accomplice showed up.

"How was it?"

His accomplice smiled. "Miss Venus Yevtushenko took the bait as expected. We can make use of Miss Diana as planned. She has fast reflexes at magaling din siyang makipaglaban." The accomplice said. "Based on my research, she killed over fifty people or more and left notes pertaining to you, Sir."

Hephaestus laughed. "Huh, how pathetic of her."

"Sir, shall we continue the operation?"

Umiling si Hephaestus. "No. Not now. Her walls are still on and she could rebuild it anytime. The girl is tough and she still haven't caught on your bait. And I want you to improve on that." He said. "You're failing me." His voice now was low and dangerous.

Nakaramdam ito ng kaba. Hindi niya dapat binibigo ang lider niya. "Yes, Sir."

"Someone's keeping her away from your bait. I want you to know about it." He orders. "We can't kill her yet."

"Understood, Sir." His accomplice replied.

Diana just stood there, listening. It's awful hearing her sister's name on their killing list. It hurts how she can't do anything about it. Everyday she would suffer thinking how they were doing. Even though she's in Hephaestus's custody, his actions remained unclear and unpredictable. Hindi niya rin alam kung ano ang unang gawin. Well, she knew, but she tried to escape multiple of times but failed remarkably each time. It was almost impossible.

Idagdag mo pa ang kaba nang malaman niyang si Sora ang naka-assign ang papatay sakaniya, after getting what they wanted. She admits that Sora is also exceptional in combat and could take down Venus is many ways as possible. But she still have her bets with Venus. After all, Venus fights with determination that Sora doesn't have.

Sora pushes her away when she regained her strength. Sumugod ito sa likod ni Hephaestus at sinuntok-suntok ang likod nito. "What do you mean I can't kill Venus yet! Nangangati na ako rito! Ilang taon ko na 'tong hinihintay tapos hindi mo pa ako binibigyan ng pagkakataon!"

"Sora, shut up."

"No, I won't! She was here! She was alreadt served in a silver platter but you choose not to order me!"

"Sora--"

"I WANT TO KILL HER! FOR FUCK'S SAKE!"

"--SHUT UP!" Hephaestus grabbed his gun from the holster and shot Sora from her chest. Sora's body was thrown a few meters away from him. She was on the ground unconsious. "Don't make me regret keeping you alive." Hephaestus spat.

As much as Diana wanted to celebrate Sora knocked-out and cold, she isn't dead. There was no blood shed, no heart peirced. Sora, not saved with cowardice, always wore a bulletproof vest. She's afraid of dying and only shows strength behind a gun. She isn't dead and Diana isn't happy. It was unfair how she had it on while Hephaestus shot her.

How disappointing.

"But she doesn't have her... Ares with her. It's suspiscious..." Hephaestus pointed out which got Diana's attention back at him. She thought about. Nakita niyang lumaban si Venus through hidden feeds of Hephaestus's spies and she's always using the knife. It was her specialty.Why isn't with her? She started to panic. Why was she holding a gun earlier when she's better at knives? She thought. She always had their father's heirloom with her. "Check on it. We need that Ares of her too."

Oh no... Diana mutters.