Chapter Sixty Four

Chapter Sixty Four

Into the Devil's Lair

--

"I want you to listen carefully," I hushed Kaspar as soon as we both were ready. Pinadala ko na sakaniya ang duffel bag na naglalaman ng mga armas ko. "My cousin is a very meticulous man. Walang butas ang mga plano niya, well, most of the time... but not with me. I always know what he lacks. We are guarded like prisoners here but I believe we both know what we want tonight. No obstacle should hinder us."

He just nodded.

"Mechekha helped me. The middle floor is the most guarded, but she took care of it for me. I have mapped the whole place already, in my head. Wala na tayong masyadong problema do'n. I could only tell you the safest way to let us out: the middle floor, the stairway next to your room, and the darkness." I told him.

"That's comforting."

"Listen!" I hushed him once more. "Here's the plan. I'm going to hack the surveillance first. The power source are upstairs, at the roof top. Ako ang pupunta ro'n at gusto kong nandito ka. Wait for my signal-"

"How should I know that you won't escape without me?" he cuts me off.

"I won't." I said sternly. "Besides, wala akong alam kung sa'n sila Hephaestus. You're the only map I have, right?"

He nodded.

"The best we could do now is stay silent. I tell you, one false sound could be fatal. Pupunta ako sa itaas, make a short circuit on the 3rd floor. The two remaining guards should check the rooftop and fix it before Marquis could bark at them, or worse, shot dead. Once they get upstairs, I'll take care of them so don't worry." I continued. "Mechekha may have took care of the guards but never the surveillance cameras. I found this splitter there-" I pointed the TV set. "-the 2nd floor camera feed should share the same footage at the 1st floor, just to avoid suspiscion. Kaya kapag nasa itaas na ang guards and the lights are off, kailangan nasa hagdanan ka na. You should be safe, the camera there is busted. Until then, you're going to wait for me and we can proceed to the next phase. Got it?"

"Yes."

"Good. Pupunta na'ko. Remember the plan and stick to it. Or we're both dead meat." I said. Bago ko pa man mabuksan ang pinto ay hinila niya ako pabalik. I cocked him an eyebrow.

He was staring at me for a moment. "Don't-"

"I won't."

Before I could get lost in his eyes again, I immediately opened the door slowly. I took a peek at hallways. The two guards were still there, assigned to round the area, yet were in leisure, smoking to kill time. This should be easy.

I blended easily in the dark. I was careful that they won't notice so I held a shuriken, just incase. My defense level is so high, I cannot take everyone around me with just me alone. I need everything quiet, smooth, and clear. My plan may or may not work but when I am so dedicated, I'll have no flaw at all. That will be possible if Lucian cooperates. Now that I'm nearing the stairs to the rooftop, I know there's no turning back now.

My steps, as always, were feather-like. This time, a little more cautious. The stairs were metal, and when I take a big step, I can alert the guards. Once I reached the top, I opened the metal door slowly. There was a small creak that it made my chest leap out. Shit.

The chatter of the guards died down that it scared me. Agad akong napalingon sakanila. Ang akala ko'y nakatingin sila sa'kin at handa akong ikulong sa kwarto ko. I held my shuriken tighter that I know would wound me.