Chapter Sixty Three

Chapter Sixty Three

Cry of the Heart

--

The taste of fresh Italian air was bitter, to me at least. There was nothing special, and nothing to be happy about. A direct flight isn't something favorable, especially when it's a shit of an emergency. The anger in my heart is so full that I am incapable of feeling other things.

Hinawakan ko ang litrato ni Celeste. It is the only happiness I have from her. Celeste's smile gives me hope and salvation. 'Pag nawawalan ako ng pag-asa, siya palagi ang babalik no'n. She was one of those forces that kept me going in this complicated life I have. I couldn't fathom how they took Celeste away without the possibilities of hurting her. She is a precious gem that cannot be, by any means, broken. She's a blessing above all, and an angel. I cannot fathom how she was simply taken by men which has more dismal plans than mine. Why did she end up on the hands of the crooked, viscious, and evil man who calls himself her father?

Celeste didn't deserve them all.

I carry a breaking heart with me, thinking that I came back here in Italy, carrying a promise probably forgotten by dear Celeste but always remembered by me. Gusto niyang makapunta sa lahat ng fashion capital sa buong mundo, at gusto niya unahin ang Italy. It breaks my heart to know that she did first stepped in Italy but not in the way that she wanted.

Hold on, I'm coming.

"I miss Cece too." Marquis appeared out of nowhere. Hindi ko na siya namalayan sa likod ko, sumunod pala siya sa'kin sa terrace. My thoughts were to preoccupied. I was staring at the vastness of the city. It seemed busy and crowded in daytime, it would be difficult to find my girl there.

"I'm tired." I said. "I'm tired of everything. Don't I deserve a peaceful life, Mark? Is it too much to ask?"

He remained silent and went to see the city with me. Maybe he was also looking for answers. I know Celeste matters to him too. Alam kong mahilig siya sa bata and knowing that Celeste was his niece, he was ecstatic. I could only hope for the best—I need to aim for the best. I need to get them. I need to save them... so that this pain could go away. I carry so much of it that I needed to unload everything... it's the only thing that's slowing me down.

"You deserve everything, V. Everything. Matatapos din 'to lahat." at last he answered. "Let's come inside, the cold bites my bones."

I followed.

The room was filled with people: the snipers, hackers, dealers, whatnot and pawns. Squadron Elias and Arturo had joined forces and I know the rest of the squads would join in the annihilation too. Marquis stood in a podium, too formal if you'd ask me. A big screen was projected with the face of someone familiar, Hephaestus. Martin Ignatius Casamayor, the divine asshole I have to end, death is the only one who can stop me.

Marquis's talking didn't seem to get through me. Lahat ng sinabi niya ay pumunta sa kaliwang tainga at lumabas sa kanan: nakikinig nga ako pero hindi ko inintindi. Wala naman akong kinalaman sa kung anumang gyerang nangyayari sa pagitan ng mga Mafias. Ni hindi ko nga alam kung bakit nabuo itong away sa magkabilang panig. All I care was the people that mattered to me the most that needed saving from a son of a bitch. Although I have to admit, the most parts of their war was contributed by me, if it weren't for my graceless self.

I didn't know a knife would create such chaos.

"Death is within's arms reach, instill this in your minds. We cannot fail this mission." Adelaide explained. She was behind his brother. "A priced possession of the Yevtushenkos, definitely precious than golds and diamonds. We all don't know what Morana's Ender could do. Is it dangerous? A cataclysm? A weapon of destruction? Or the codes of every nuke around the world? Or a ticking bomb ready to burst—literally anything that screams peril. The latter seems dangerous than the last—we have to get it before hell breaks loose."