Chapter 9

I continued to sit there and stare at him as he looked me over.
"It would be a shame to kill you without getting to experience what I should've with my mate." I said. I growled at him and scooted backwards.
"Leave me alone. Damon will kill you." I said, trying to act like I wasn't scared.
"Damon doesn't even know where you are." He laughed. I shook my head and smirked. That's where he's wrong.
We both looked towards the small window as we heard a howl.
"Damon." I whispered. He growled and unlocked the cell, storming over to me. I held my hands out and watched him stumble backwards.
"Looks like I'm a little stronger than you thought." I said. He came towards me again and I pushed him back.
"Looks like that's all you can do, but I guarantee you that you won't be able to do it all day." He chuckled.
"I don't have to do it all day." I said. "Only until Damon gets here."
"Which is right about now." I heard Damon say. He came down the stairs and looked at his brother.
"Long time no see Brother." His brother chuckled. Damon growled and stalked over.
"You killed my parents you piece of shit. Don't call yourself my brother." He snarled in his face as his brother just stared at him. "I let you leave last time. But now you've messed with my mate." He growled.
"And you killed mine!" His brother shouted, shoving him backwards. I growled as Damon stumbled a little bit, but he quickly caught his balance and shoved his brother up to the wall.
"Look Tyler." He growled. At least I know his name now. "That was awhile ago. Get over it. You killed my parents." He said, his voice cracking at the end. I stood up and took a few steps towards him.
"Damon." I said quietly as everything began to spin. He looked at me and his eyes softened. I reached my arm out and stabled myself against the wall. He looked down and saw the blood dripping from my arm. He growled and turned to Tyler.
"What did you do to her?!" He shouted, punching Tyler in the face. I looked over and saw Jacob come running down the stairs. He looked at me and I whimpered.
"Damon." I whimpered again. He looked at me and let go of Tyler, letting Jacob grab him. He ran over to me as I collapsed. I felt his arms wrap around me, keeping me from hitting the ground.
"It'll be okay Princess." He said. "Just stay awake baby. You've got to stay awake." I nodded at him and continued to stare up at him as he ran up the stairs and to his truck.
"Just hang on. Please baby. Hang on." He kept repeating. I nodded my head, trying to stay awake.
"I'm sorry." I whispered as everything went black.

Damon's POV
I looked down as she whispered something and I saw her eyes shut.
"No!" I yelled. "Come on, don't leave me."
I sped down the road, trying to get back to my pack as quick as possible. I couldn't lose her. She's my everything. I shook my head as my eyes welled up with tears. I've lost everyone. My parents, my entire family. I only had Jacob. But then I found her. And I can't lose her. I won't lose her.

I pulled into the pack grounds and pulled up to the pack doctors office.
I jumped out of the truck and carefully picked Reagan up.
"I need help!" I yelled, running into the building. "Please! Just please someone help me."
"This way!" The pack doctor, Lena said, running down the hallways. I followed her to a room with a bed. I laid her down and backed away as the nurses and doctors tried to save her.

I sat outside the room for a few hours when Jacob came over to me.
"Hey man." He said quietly, sitting down.
"Hey." I croaked, my voice hoarse from all of the crying I had been doing.
"I'm sorry." He muttered. "I'm really sorry." I shook my head and looked up at him. Tears were streaming down his face as he looked back at me.
"It's not your fault. Don't be sorry." I said.
"You assigned me as her protector. I failed. I couldn't protect her. Shit, she was like my little sister. She reminds me of her so much. I just wanted to protect her but I couldn't do that." He said.
I shook my head at him and looked at the floor.
"I'm supposed to be her mate. But I couldn't be there for her when she needed me most." I said.

We both sat in silence for a few more hours until the doctors came out of her room. I jumped up and looked at Lena. She smiled softly and nodded her head.
"She'll be just fine. She lost a lot of blood, but she's a strong girl. She's got some fight in her. She'll be okay Alpha. Just give her time to wake up" she said. I nodded and pulled her into a hug.
"Thank you. So much." I said.
"Anytime Alpha." She said, walking away.
I walked into her room and looked down at her. She was a little pale, but nothing too bad. She had cuts all over her arms and I growled lowly. I heard Jacob walk in behind me.
"She'll be okay." I said to him. He nodded and sat down.
I understood why he was like this. His father was killed in a rogue attack and his mother soon killed herself after that, not able to bare the pain of losing her mate. My parents began to take care of him and his little sister. We were like family. Then one day while I was playing football with Jacob his sister wandered into the forest. Jacob always felt responsible for her death, he was her only family and he looked at it as he was supposed to protect her. It was the rogues fault. Not his. But he can't look at it that way.
I pulled out my phone and decided to call her family.
"Hello?" Some one answered the phone.
"Alpha Matthew?" I said. "It's Damon. You might want to come and bring Everest and Jeremiah." I said to him.
He said he'd be here as soon as possible and hung up the phone.
I sat down in the chair next to Reagan's bed, taking her hand in mine.
"You'll be okay Princess. We'll get through this." I whispered, kissing her hand softly.