Chapter 15

I had slowly come to terms with everything I remembered in the past week and I was okay again. I was still in pain from the bullet, but it was getting better.
Jeremiah is doing a lot better, he's sleeping more peacefully now.
"Hey Reagan." Jacob said, walking over to me. I was sitting outside watching Jeremiah run around with the other kids.
"Hey Jay." I said, chuckling as he scrunched his nose at my new found nickname for him.
"How are you?" He asked.
"I'm good. I'm okay again I think." I smiled at him.
"That's good." He said quietly.
"Jacob." I sighed. "It isn't your fault. I promise you, I'm okay." I said.
"I know Ray. It's just. You're like a sister to me. I feel responsible." He mumbled.
"Don't." I said standing up and hugging him. "I'm okay. You're okay. It's all okay." He nodded and hugged me back in an awkward way to avoid my wound.
"Rayy!" Jeremiah yelled, running up to me.
"Yes?" I said, pulling away from Jacob.
"Mom and dad wanna talk to you. They're in the house." He said. I nodded and followed him inside.

"We have to leave." My dad said to me and Damon. I nodded and stood up.
"But wait." My dad said. I sat back down and nodded.
"Me and your mother have decided that we think it'd be best if Jer were to stay with you until we catch the rogue. You have the most security and I know you can take good care of him." My dad said. Jeremiah smiled from ear to ear and jumped onto Damon's lap.
"Pleaseeeeeee!!" He begged. Damon chuckled and nodded.
"That's no problem buddy." He said, ruffling Jeremiah's hair.
I stood up and hugged my parents.
"I love you guys." I said.
"We love you too." They said letting go of me as they went up to pack their bags.

After my parents had left Jeremiah went outside to play with the other kids while I started dinner.
"Hey Princess." Damon said, walking into the kitchen.
"Spaghetti almost done." I said. He nodded and sat at the counter.
"How are you doing?" He asked me. I nodded and looked over at him.
"I'm okay." I said. He nodded and I smiled at him.
But I was lying. I was nervous. I don't know if I can keep Jeremiah safe. He's gotten taken by this rogue before, it could happen again. He's only in danger because of me.
"Just remember. I'm always here for you Princess. If you need to talk, I'm here." He said. I nodded and turned back to the stove, stirring the noodles.

"Jer!" I yelled outside.
"Coming!" He yelled back and ran towards me.
"Dinners ready." I said. He smiled and ran into the kitchen.
I gave both of the boys their plates and walked to the steps.
"You aren't eating?" Damon asked as I went up the steps.
"I'm not hungry." I said quietly, going up the stairs.
I went into my room and shut the door. I shook my head and leaned against the wall.
It's all my fault. He's just a kid. He shouldn't have to be dealing with this. This isn't fair. I slid down the wall and say I'm the floor as tears began to flow down my face.
I leaned my head against my knees and cried.
I cried for Damon not being able to have a normal mate, I cried for Jeremiah having his childhood messed up, I cried for everything that has happened and everyone that's been hurt because of me.
I eventually picked myself up and wiped my tears. I went into the bathroom and got in the shower, letting the water wash away any left over tears.

After I got out I tended to my side and put on my sweatpants and tank top. I was laying in bed and scrolling through Instagram when the door opened. I looked up as Damon walked in and sat on the edge of the bed.
"Yeah?" I asked, putting my phone down.
"I need you to talk to me." He said.
"I'm fi-"
"No Reagan. You're not fine!" He cut me off, standing up and running his fingers through his hair. "You're far from fine. You haven't put your wall up in days. I've heard every single thing thought has run through you're head. You aren't fine. Please. Just talk to me." He whispered the last part, his voice cracking at the end. I sat up and shook my head.
"I'm sorry." I said quietly.
"Baby don't be sorry." He said, sitting down and gently pulling me onto his lap. "You don't need to be sorry. Just please. Let me help you. I've tried so hard to help, but you keep pushing me away. I'm your mate, I worry about you, I want you to talk to me when you're feeling like this." He said, kissing my forehead. I nodded and laid my head on his chest.
"I just. I don't want to be the family burden. Or the burden of a mate that you have to deal with." I said as tears began to fall down my face.
"Princess you aren't a burden. None of this is your fault. Okay?" He said. I nodded and he shook his head. "You might not believe me, but I love you so much. You are perfect in my eyes. I couldn't ask for a better mate. You're my everything. I'll love you always."
I wiped my face and looked up, kissing him.
"I'll love you forever." I whispered as we pulled apart. He smiled and kissed my forehead.
Everything's going to be okay.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello Everyone!
When I Began To Write The Chapter, Reagan Was Sad And Upset. But, As I Kept Writing, I Realized That She's Sad A Lot. So, I Decided To Make Her Happy For A Bit. Thank You All For Reading And Leaving Your Comments! I Try To Respond As Much As Possible! I Love You All So Much! Thank You All For The Support! <3<3<3
Until Next Time,
❤" If I Asked You To Make A List Of The Things You Love, How Long Would It Take For You To Mention Yourself? "❤
-Allenah <3